Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr for a buck - you too can watch Buzzr live  (Read 33051 times)

aaron sica

Buzzr for a buck - you too can watch Buzzr live
« on: March 15, 2018, 08:13:25 PM »
And by "Live", I mean the actual CHANNEL, not the Twitch live stream.

Came across an IPTV service called nkt.tv which offers the option to pay for channels a la carte, of which Buzzr is one of them! For the paltry sum of $1 per month, you can bring Buzzr into your life via Apple, Android, Amazon, Roku, or web.

It appears to be the same feed that's on FTA satellite as I don't see any station ID between the shows.

Mods, if this is a violation, please delete.

Clay Zambo

Re: Buzzr for a buck - you too can watch Buzzr live
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 10:09:05 AM »
I'm seeing the lowest package at $4.95/month, which is still better than re-subscribing to cable. I'm not sure I'll bite for Buzzr, but if this service is still around next fall I might throw in for Hallmark Channel so my honey can get her fix of Christmas-romance movies.
czambo@mac.com

jalman

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 10:23:11 AM »
nkt.tv is run by an Ohio-based ISP. Looks legit.

aaron sica

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 11:12:47 AM »
I'm seeing the lowest package at $4.95/month, which is still better than re-subscribing to cable. I'm not sure I'll bite for Buzzr, but if this service is still around next fall I might throw in for Hallmark Channel so my honey can get her fix of Christmas-romance movies.

Click on "Sign up", and then scroll down and you'll see the a la carte options, including BUZZR.

chrisholland03

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 02:40:56 PM »
I'm being told that to get Buzzr, I have to buy a set-top box for $79.95 :(

snowpeck

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 03:01:51 PM »
I'm being told that to get Buzzr, I have to buy a set-top box for $79.95 :(
I looked through it all and no you don't. During the set up you can tell it you already have a box and then use the NKT.tv app on Roku, Amazon Fire, iOS or Android instead (or watch through their web interface.) Certain channels do require the $79.95 box, but Buzzr isn't one of them.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 03:12:39 PM by snowpeck »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

vtown7

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 03:48:44 PM »
I will vouch for the above - in step 2 you can choose “I would like to skip this step and not purchase a new NKT.tv” by clicking the box below it, then scrolling down to choose the big blue Next button. You can then scroll down and choose Next on step 3 which will then bring you to the payment screen on step 4. Hope that helps!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 08:09:10 PM »
Anyone know what the 4th device from the left is in "Add-on devices" during sign-up? It looks like Fire TV but you'd think that would have been already represented by the Fire TV Stick to the left.

Very interesting. Looks skeevy as hell and I'm not sure how they are doing this legally, but I agree it's backed by something halfway reputable. Tempted to try it out. I assume it doesn't come with any kind of VOD service?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tvwxman

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 08:39:13 PM »
$1 and works perfectly on my phone.

Thanks for this find!
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Casey Buck

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 08:45:17 PM »
My reaction to this:

clemon79

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2018, 11:38:01 PM »
Alright, I took the plunge. Being able to use PayPal and not have to give up any actual financial information to them directly was a big plus. Does Buzzr have an HD feed at all, or is it SD everywhere, being a digital subchannel and all? (Right now it's Celebrity Name Game and so it's letterboxing all around on my TV via Roku and Fire TV both. Works a treat on iDevices though.)

EDIT: According to the Wiki article, it's SD only, which a) absolutely makes sense considering 90% of their programming, and b) explains why it behaves how it does on my streaming devices.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 11:58:46 PM by clemon79 »

WhammyPower

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2018, 11:51:48 PM »
Alright, I took the plunge. Being able to use PayPal and not have to give up any actual financial information to them directly was a big plus. Does Buzzr have an HD feed at all, or is it SD everywhere, being a digital subchannel and all? (Right now it's Celebrity Name Game and so it's letterboxing all around on my TV. Works a treat on iDevices though.)
SD only. :-(

/CNG is the only "HD" show they currently have on the schedule, anyways

clemon79

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 12:01:41 AM »
SD only. :-(

/CNG is the only "HD" show they currently have on the schedule, anyways

Exactly so. See my edit above; makes perfect sense to me. Once I hit a commercial break and it filled up the vertical space I started suspecting that was the case and it was gonna be fine the rest of the time.

("Fine" being a relative term; I'd forgotten how bad Temptation was....)

tpirfan28

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 04:06:47 PM »
Anyone know what the 4th device from the left is in "Add-on devices" during sign-up? It looks like Fire TV but you'd think that would have been already represented by the Fire TV Stick to the left.
Opera TV.

Got the service (BUZZR plus MAVTV), runs like a champ on my Fire TV.  Wish they had an Apple TV app, though.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

BrandonFG

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2018, 05:32:17 PM »
Watching Combs “Feud” as we speak. Thanks for the heads-up!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!