Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr heads up: Card Sharks.  (Read 4845 times)

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
Buzzr heads up: Card Sharks.
« on: February 18, 2018, 11:09:10 AM »
Last night, I stumbled upon this commercial, and it looks like we’ll see the 1980 Turnabout Tournament on Card Sharks beginning March 12th.

Winkfan

Re: Buzzr heads up: Card Sharks.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 06:14:25 PM »
Here's the clip for your perusal:

Cordially,
Tammy
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

BillCullen1

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 11:25:47 AM »
IIRC, when NBC originally aired this, it was so popular that they showed an encore presentation. This was shortly before Allen left PP for good. This is mentioned in Adam Nedeff's book, which someone gave me for my birthday.

Also, on the day they were taping this, my friend was in another studio across the hall at the PP taping. They had to hold that up while Allen was doing CS.

BillCullen1

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 06:24:22 PM »
They've moved Card Sharks from 10 pm to 8 pm ET starting today (3/12) with repeats at 11 pm. Password plus moves to 10 pm ET.

Bobby B.

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 08:02:10 PM »
IIRC, when NBC originally aired this, it was so popular that they showed an encore presentation. This was shortly before Allen left PP for good. This is mentioned in Adam Nedeff's book, which someone gave me for my birthday.

Also, on the day they were taping this, my friend was in another studio across the hall at the PP taping. They had to hold that up while Allen was doing CS.

Interestingly, the episode I saw the other night (only one of the tournament I've seen from the beginning this week) had an intro by Jim Perry indicating that it was from the re-air.  Would they have just tacked that onto the beginning of the master tapes?

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 10:14:12 PM »
Interestingly, the episode I saw the other night (only one of the tournament I've seen from the beginning this week) had an intro by Jim Perry indicating that it was from the re-air.  Would they have just tacked that onto the beginning of the master tapes?

Yep, they would have. There are master tapes of The Price Is Right in which, for example, Johnny's plug to "Stay tuned for _____ next over most of these CBS stations" is muted out, Bob's plug for his upcoming Fun and Games show is edited out, or the consolation plugs are replaced with fee plugs. When they assumed that the episode would never be seen again after the rebroadcast, it made financial sense to just dub over the existing tape.

Strangely, Buzzr jumped over the third episode of the tournament this week. Looking ahead, they'll also be skipping the second episode of the tournament's third week. I wonder why.

BillCullen1

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 11:04:12 PM »
Strangely, Buzzr jumped over the third episode of the tournament this week. Looking ahead, they'll also be skipping the second episode of the tournament's third week. I wonder why.

My guess is that CS is airing four nights a week instead of five. Maybe they don't want shows from the previous week carrying over, since there were different hosts each week.