Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: zeroes in bonus rounds  (Read 7864 times)

pyrfan

zeroes in bonus rounds
« on: January 31, 2004, 11:56:01 AM »
A recent discussion with another "Pyramid" fan got me to thinking about people getting no answers right in timed bonus rounds. Here are some that I can think of:

PYRAMID:
Brianne Leary, Richard Paul, Anita Gillette, Tom Poston, and Adrienne Barbeau all get no categories right in the winner's circle at least once

PASSWORD:
Nanette Fabray goes 0 for 5 in the Lightning Round

PASSWORD PLUS:
Gina Hecht gets none of her Alphabetics words

BODY LANGUAGE:
Richard Moll gets none of the 10 words right in the "pre"-bonus game, which means that the contestant has no chance to win 10 times the amount

GO!:
The "Another World" team comes up empty in the first of two $10K tries one day

NOW YOU SEE IT:
Contestant Lisa Turner (a very good game player, by the way) gets none of the 10 answers in the final round

I'm sure there are others that I don't know about or have forgotten. Can anyone else think of any?

Brendan

zachhoran

zeroes in bonus rounds
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2004, 12:30:35 PM »
[quote name=\'pyrfan\' date=\'Jan 31 2004, 11:56 AM\'] A recent discussion with another "Pyramid" fan got me to thinking about people getting no answers right in timed bonus rounds. Here are some that I can think of:

PYRAMID:
Brianne Leary, Richard Paul, Anita Gillette, Tom Poston, and Adrienne Barbeau all get no categories right in the winner's circle at least once

PASSWORD:
Nanette Fabray goes 0 for 5 in the Lightning Round

PASSWORD PLUS:
Gina Hecht gets none of her Alphabetics words

BODY LANGUAGE:
Richard Moll gets none of the 10 words right in the "pre"-bonus game, which means that the contestant has no chance to win 10 times the amount

GO!:
The "Another World" team comes up empty in the first of two $10K tries one day

NOW YOU SEE IT:
Contestant Lisa Turner (a very good game player, by the way) gets none of the 10 answers in the final round

I'm sure there are others that I don't know about or have forgotten. Can anyone else think of any?

Brendan [/quote]
There was a team in the Netherlands-taped episodes of GSN Lingo that got zero words in the two minutes. ALso on GSN, ISTR a player who got no answers correct in the Russian Roulette bonus round. Was there also such a scenario on Friend or Foe? I don't think it ever happened on WIntuition.

Supermarket Sweep has had teams on occasion who did not find the first product in the 60 seconds. Did a contestant ever get zero in 60 seconds in the Debt or WBSM final round?

There were a few contestants on Classic Concentration who got zero matches in the bonus round. I remember a few teams not getting any of the license place right in the timed portions of the Bumper Stumpers bonus round(all four bonus formats started with a timed, 30 second round).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2004, 04:09:07 PM by zachhoran »

GS Warehouse

zeroes in bonus rounds
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2004, 01:39:01 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 31 2004, 12:30 PM\'] There was a team in the Netherlands-taped episodes of GSN Lingo that got zero words in the two minutes.

There were a few contestants on Classic Concentration who got zero matches in the bonus round. [/quote]
 And of course, there were countless Super Matches on MG7x/Syn where contestants did not match any of the top three.  I do remember two MG98 winners who went oh-for-two and ended up with no money (but did end up with a TV set).

zachhoran

zeroes in bonus rounds
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2004, 01:56:21 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jan 31 2004, 01:39 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 31 2004, 12:30 PM\'] There was a team in the Netherlands-taped episodes of GSN Lingo that got zero words in the two minutes.

There were a few contestants on Classic Concentration who got zero matches in the bonus round. [/quote]
And of course, there were countless Super Matches on MG7x/Syn where contestants did not match any of the top three.  I do remember two MG98 winners who went oh-for-two and ended up with no money (but did end up with a TV set). [/quote]
 And of course the time on MGPM where it happened on BOTH Audience matches. Did anyone on MG90's Match Up game, though not a bonus round, get zero matches in the 30/45 seconds?

I suspect there was a team or two on Win Lose or Draw's speed round or bonus round that got zero correct.

TV Favorites

zeroes in bonus rounds
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2004, 03:35:26 PM »
Add Ed Begley Jr to the list of scorless winner circle rounds.

gsnstooge

zeroes in bonus rounds
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2004, 07:30:31 PM »
Ray Winston on Double Dare with Alex Trebek.

adamjk

zeroes in bonus rounds
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2004, 09:20:47 PM »
Three people that I know of on Dawson and Comb's Feuds got no points in fast money.

zachhoran

zeroes in bonus rounds
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2004, 10:00:06 PM »
[quote name=\'gsnstooge\' date=\'Jan 31 2004, 07:30 PM\'] Ray Winston on Double Dare with Alex Trebek. [/quote]
 We were talking about getting zero questions or matches or puzzles correct in a timed bonus round, Trebek DOuble Dare's bonus round was not timed.

gameshowguy2000

zeroes in bonus rounds
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2004, 11:04:28 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jan 31 2004, 08:20 PM\'] Three people that I know of on Dawson and Comb's Feuds got no points in fast money. [/quote]
 And that actually happened on the finale of the Combs' version. And we all know what happened after they came back from commercial.

Casey

zeroes in bonus rounds
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2004, 12:56:45 AM »
At least twice on Face the Music, the contestants either couldn't identify the famous person or both missed the last song in the championship game, requiring a 3 face tie breaker to determine who would be champion.  At first, this did not even win you a prize, but the 2nd time I saw it happen, the tie winner also won a $1000 prize.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
zeroes in bonus rounds
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2004, 01:09:35 AM »
At least six billion times on Let's Make A Deal, the two participants not only failed to select door concealing the Big Deal, but won prizes worth less than the ones they traded in for a shot at the Deal in the first place.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

massman1

zeroes in bonus rounds
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2004, 02:16:07 AM »
At least once that I recall on "Money Maze" the contestant hit a few of the zero spots (I don't remember whether it was all four) and exited the maze in time, but never got around to hitting the "1".

Craig Karlberg

zeroes in bonus rounds
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2004, 05:20:16 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 01:09 AM\'] At least six billion times on Let's Make A Deal, the two participants not only failed to select door concealing the Big Deal, but won prizes worth less than the ones they traded in for a shot at the Deal in the first place. [/quote]
I don't consider those deals "zeroes" on LMAD Chris.  Both traders traded DOWN from what they traded in.

zachhoran

zeroes in bonus rounds
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2004, 09:39:48 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 01:09 AM\'] At least six billion times on Let's Make A Deal, the two participants not only failed to select door concealing the Big Deal, but won prizes worth less than the ones they traded in for a shot at the Deal in the first place. [/quote]
 And there was at least one contestant who traded in something worth more than the Big Deal value, as seen on the GSN reruns last year. The player had a savings bond whose value was not yet revealed. SHe decided to trade it away, and it was worth $10K in 1974 dollars, and the big deal was worth $9K and change.

Jimmy Owen

zeroes in bonus rounds
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2004, 09:52:36 AM »
[quote name=\'massman1\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 02:16 AM\'] At least once that I recall on "Money Maze" the contestant hit a few of the zero spots (I don't remember whether it was all four) and exited the maze in time, but never got around to hitting the "1". [/quote]
 Yes, "the all-important 1" was what got you the money.  That, and you had to make sure you hit the button at the end (later to become "the big birthday cake")  If you didn't hit the big birthday cake you got zero as well.  But as you know, life's a chance, a happenstance, come with me and you will see.  Try my way and you'll be on top. ALL THE TIME!
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.