The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

TPIR sponsors...

(1/5) > >>

Shredder:
You'll hear Rod annoucning it all the time.  'Invention submission corporation'.  The one with the cavedude and a hammer pounding a wheel.  

I didn't know where to place this note, so I figured here would be the best shot. Has anyone come up with an invention and given this company a try?  I just did to solve a problem that was just pointed out to me recently(There's no way to miss out on the obvious for 10 years without coming off as an idiot), and was wondering if it's a legit operation..

clemon79:
[quote name=\'Shredder\' date=\'Jun 28 2003, 04:47 PM\'] I didn't know where to place this note, so I figured here would be the best shot. Has anyone come up with an invention and given this company a try? [/quote]
 I'm speaking entirely from conjecture here, so I may be full of it, but from the ads I have seen on TV for that company, it strikes me that they simply fill out the necessary patent paperwork for whatever it is you invented, and probably in drawing up a contract with you write in that they get a cut of whatever they might \"help\" you make from it, even though they didn't do a bit of the inventing.  In other words, nothing you couldn't do yourself with a little research.

Shredder:
Hmm, kind of figured that was the case...  I guess in this case going with the familly lawyer and talking to him about it might be able to help things out a bit....assuming that's in his area of study.

I just took a look at an official site from the .gov line of addies, and everything is so darned complicated.    I wish they'd simplify that site in a 'patent for dummies' area :).

Dan Sadro:
[quote name=\'Shredder\' date=\'Jun 28 2003, 08:08 PM\'] Hmm, kind of figured that was the case...  I guess in this case going with the familly lawyer and talking to him about it might be able to help things out a bit....assuming that's in his area of study.
 [/quote]
 I imagine that he has some knowledge, especially the basics, but even if he doesn't know what to do, he probably has connections.

I've heard that ISC also can help you find companies that would be interested in your patent idea, but personally I'd want as few people between me and my patent as possible.

--- Quote ---I just took a look at an official site from the .gov line of addies, and everything is so darned complicated.    I wish they'd simplify that site in a 'patent for dummies' area :).
--- End quote ---

There are \"Patent for dummies\" books -- either the \"for dummies\" line and the \"Complete idiot's guide to\" line should have one on patents, and it costs a lot less than ISC would.

clemon79:
[quote name=\'Shredder\' date=\'Jun 28 2003, 06:08 PM\'] Hmm, kind of figured that was the case...  I guess in this case going with the familly lawyer and talking to him about it might be able to help things out a bit....assuming that's in his area of study.
 [/quote]
 I should think AT WORST he would be able to refer you to a good copyright lawyer, if not handle the filings for you directly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version