Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Your TPIR "Perfect Lineup"  (Read 8522 times)

curtking

Your TPIR "Perfect Lineup"
« on: February 10, 2018, 07:42:12 AM »
The brief clip they showed the other day of a contestant's sister playing Hurdles got me to thinking...

If you had to program a six-game lineup for one day and you could choose from any games past or present, which would you choose?  Don't be concerned with the lineup being realistic - anything goes.  Mine would be:

Bonus Game (always loved that blue background when they lit up the bonus.)
Hurdles
Poker Game
Pocket Change (my current favorite)
Cliff Hangers
Cover Up (I love the potential for strategy in this one if you know what you're doing.)

tpirfan28

Re: Your TPIR "Perfect Lineup"
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 08:36:41 AM »
Golden Road
Penny Ante
Race Game
Bonus Game
Safe Crackers (car)
Make Your Move
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Brian44

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 08:38:19 AM »
Here's mine:

Make Your Move
10 Chances
Bonus Game
Poker Game
Line 'Em Up
Penny Ante

Bob always managed to build an extra element of suspense into the games that involved several prizes that got bigger and better as they went along (well, that only somewhat applies to Line 'Em Up!  :-*). and I actually prefer the way they currently reveal the prizes in Master Key, although Drew usually just does his uninspired "Welcome-to-the-show-where-ya-from-ah-<repeats name of city>-George-whadda-we-have-for-<contestant's name>?"  :(

I seem to remember an episode in which 10C was played second or third and LEU was played fifth--not long after LEU's reveal was changed to the current one. When the contestant got up on stage to play LEU, Bob told him/her, "Now, *I* have more prizes for *YOU*, beginning with these..." as if to say, "The way I'm introducing this game, you may think we're playing 10 Chances again, but we're really not!"  ;D
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 08:58:21 AM by Brian44 »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 12:48:57 PM »
Keep/Give
Superball!
Walk of Fame
Super Saver
Switcheroo
Hole in One
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Loogaroo

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 02:52:15 PM »
Punch a Bunch
Hole in One (or Two)
Take Two
Switch?
One Away
Magic #
You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".

Clay Zambo

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 04:09:28 PM »
If it doesn't include Drew trying to explain the rules to "Mystery Price" and "Double Digits," I'm out.
czambo@mac.com

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 11:45:54 PM »
If I'm trying to approximate the feel of a proper show in terms of which games are played, not necessarily the timing:

Super Ball!--Safe Crackers--Grocery Game/Check-Out
Squeeze Play--On the Nose--Punch-a-Bunch

If I just want games that I enjoy then Race Game and Walk of Fame would replace the quick games.
Travis L. Eberle

Flerbert419

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 01:02:35 AM »
Golden Road
$uper $aver
Super Ball!!
2 for the Price of 1
3 Strikes
Buy or Sell

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2018, 07:52:50 AM »
Give or Keep
Double Prices
3 Strikes
$uper $aver
Buy Or Sell
Five Price Tags

I tried to keep it somewhat realistic with the inclusion of Double Prices, but I know this would still run long. Two small prize games are also uncommon, but not unheard of. Give or Keep is a game I'd love to see back (it's my favorite retired game) and I'm still rather uncertain as to why Buy or Sell was retired. The show could use more 3 prize games in my opinion.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

daveromanjr

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 08:49:23 AM »
Let's say the Pillsbury Bake Off came back to CBS and they had Drew do a half hour episode... I think the perfect half hour show would go a little something like this

1. One Right Price
2. One Wrong Price
3. Double Prices

If the bake-off didn't come back to CBS then we'd take this opportunity to think outside the box:
1. One Right Price
2. One Wrong Price
3. Double Prices
First $howcase $howdown!!!!
4. Super Race Game : the contestant has double the prizes (8!!!) with the same amount of time and wins all or nothing.
5. One Away ... Or Two : A hybrid of Hole In One... Or Two and One Away.  It's just One Away but each number could be 1 OR 2 digits away from the correct answer.  Oh and it has to be right the first time.  No honking from the mighty sfx lady.
6. Price Charming : A valentine's day themed pricing game that is just Double Prices with a heart cut out from construction paper scotch-taped to the podium.
Second $howcase $howdown!!!!
$howcases are canceled and are replaced with time for the audience to post on Roger's Facebook with questions about the show.

Thoughts?

TimK2003

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 09:56:06 AM »
Let's say the Pillsbury Bake Off came back to CBS and they had Drew do a half hour episode... I think the perfect half hour show would go a little something like this

1. One Right Price
2. One Wrong Price
3. Double Prices

If the bake-off didn't come back to CBS then we'd take this opportunity to think outside the box:
1. One Right Price
2. One Wrong Price
3. Double Prices
First $howcase $howdown!!!!
4. Super Race Game : the contestant has double the prizes (8!!!) with the same amount of time and wins all or nothing.
5. One Away ... Or Two : A hybrid of Hole In One... Or Two and One Away.  It's just One Away but each number could be 1 OR 2 digits away from the correct answer.  Oh and it has to be right the first time.  No honking from the mighty sfx lady.
6. Price Charming : A valentine's day themed pricing game that is just Double Prices with a heart cut out from construction paper scotch-taped to the podium.
Second $howcase $howdown!!!!
$howcases are canceled and are replaced with time for the audience to post on Roger's Facebook with questions about the show.

Thoughts?

Did I leave the iron on???

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2018, 11:15:52 AM »
Did I leave the iron on???

At least you asked. Many more viewers would intentionally turn the iron on in the hopes that the resulting fire would excuse them from having to watch. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2018, 02:29:17 PM »
The kooky ones who cite a certain day, date and year that an episode aired with their question are automatically filtered out.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 03:49:22 PM by aaron sica »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2018, 03:19:16 PM »
Give or Keep is a game I'd love to see back (it's my favorite retired game) and I'm still rather uncertain as to why Buy or Sell was retired. The show could use more 3 prize games in my opinion.
I'd rather it have good games than ones that give away a certain number of prizes, but I forgot that Buy or Sell was a neat-o little game that had some spiffy chrome. I would swap it in or out with Walk of Fame.
Travis L. Eberle

Fedya

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2018, 08:22:54 PM »
Dumb question: Is there usually a set number of games played at the turnable, played at center stage, and played at one of the doors each episode?  Consistent across episodes, that is, something like two of each?
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post