Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud (Australia) - Axed after 1200 episodes  (Read 3046 times)

pownster

Family Feud (Australia) - Axed after 1200 episodes
« on: May 07, 2018, 10:12:53 PM »
News has come through that the Aussie version of Family Feud has been axed after 1200 episodes under the stewardship of Grant Denyer.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2018/05/grant-denyer-confirms-end-for-family-feud.html
Chris Powney

Australian Game Show Home Page

http://members.iinet.net.au/~powney/gameshow/homepage.htm

BrandonFG

Re: Family Feud (Australia) - Axed after 1200 episodes
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 03:17:54 PM »
Not quite. This version aired for just shy of four years. The runs of the first two versions closely mirrored that of the Dawson and Combs runs...the Aussie versions ran from 1977-84 and 1989-96.

So, no. Not the longest-running.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

trustno1

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 06:26:13 AM »
That would be a good programme to replace it.
I would like to know how it will work with commercials.
"Let the Memory live again!" - Cats

WhammyPower

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 11:17:51 AM »
That would be a good programme to replace it.
I would like to know how it will work with commercials.
Probably just put them in between each round.  That's 3 natural commercial breaks right there.

/For America, I would also put a commercial during the midpoints of Rounds 1 and 2, and possibly after the lock-in of answers in the Final, if necessary.

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 04:42:32 PM »
/For America, I would also put a commercial during the midpoints of Rounds 1 and 2, and possibly after the lock-in of answers in the Final, if necessary.
During the Karn and (I think) O'Hurley eras, if a game ended early, they would take a commercial break between the first and second player's turns on Fast Money. I always thought that was kinda neat, and would like to see it carry over to the current version.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Long live Jeopardy!

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 05:07:58 PM »
^In the 2003-04 and 2004-05 seasons, if a family got to 300 in three rounds, the last commercial break would be before the second contestant came out, but in Karn's last season and O'Hurley's first two seasons, it would be just after the second contestant came out from the backstage room.