Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: From Jeopardy to the statehouse, perhaps?  (Read 2761 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
From Jeopardy to the statehouse, perhaps?
« on: November 17, 2017, 03:19:16 AM »
Remember awhile back when former Jeopardy! champion Richard Cordray, who had since gotten into law and later politics, was named the first chair of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau?

He has resigned from the position and is expected to run for the governorship in his home state of Ohio, which will be contested next year and will be for an open seat as John Kasich is precluded from running for a third consecutive term.

(If this belongs OT, would you be so kind as to move it there? Decided to hedge my bets)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

MikeK

• Martha!
Re: From Jeopardy to the statehouse, perhaps?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 11:54:05 AM »
Hello Mr. Cordray,

I am a registered voter in the great state of Ohio.  Could you please reintroduce one of your promotional materials from when you originally ran for public office--giving away DVDs of your Jeopardy! appearances?  Please?  Pretty please?  (His shows may be available on YT.  I just find it fascinating Cordray gave away DVDs of him on Jeopardy! as a promotional tool.)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: From Jeopardy to the statehouse, perhaps?
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 12:54:27 AM »
Update.

Richard Cordray secured the nomination for the Democrats by winning the primary with relative ease. He will face Ohio's Attorney General and former U.S. Senator Mike DeWine, with whom he has an electoral past; DeWine won his current office by defeating Cordray in the 2010 general election.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022