Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Giant playing cards at Walgreens  (Read 3967 times)

BrandonFG

Giant playing cards at Walgreens
« on: February 03, 2018, 12:47:03 PM »
I believe this was mentioned here before, but I was in Walgreens this morning, and stumbled upon this jumbo (8”x11”) deck of playing cards. They go for about $10, so I might go back for them, but if you’re looking to play “Gambit”, “Card Sharks”, or “Top Card” at your next game night, you now have an option. :)

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Sodboy13

Re: Giant playing cards at Walgreens
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 02:54:33 PM »
$10 seems to be the going rate for similar-sized decks on Amazon. The trouble, as always, for obsessives like myself is finding a red deck and a blue deck that are the same size.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 03:37:15 PM »
$10 seems to be the going rate for similar-sized decks on Amazon. The trouble, as always, for obsessives like myself is finding a red deck and a blue deck that are the same size.

The indicies in all four corners always bugs me too. But then I think we should deport the left-handed.

/I don't really think we should deport the left-handed
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

jage

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 07:57:19 PM »
Perhaps my blindness is making me not understand this, but why not just print them out using appropriate plastic red and blue card stock? Probably would cost more but you could get exactly what you want or at least very close.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 09:18:57 PM »
Perhaps my blindness is making me not understand this, but why not just print them out using appropriate plastic red and blue card stock? Probably would cost more but you could get exactly what you want or at least very close.
Given that the images are out there it is possible to just make your own Card Sharks or Gambit/TPIR deck.
Travis L. Eberle

daveromanjr

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 10:22:41 AM »
I bought a deck of similar-sized cards on Amazon.  My deck included random duplicate cards in the deck.  Luckily no cards were missing but still it's worth double checking before you play with them.  Not sure how card sharks would work with a 4 of Diamonds up against ANOTHER 4 of diamonds.

Sodboy13

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 10:38:19 AM »

Thia definitely would have been my approach before the whole "two kids" thing happened.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

rstrata

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 12:03:25 PM »
Given that the images are out there it is possible to just make your own Card Sharks or Gambit/TPIR deck.

True, though at normal (poker) size.  If you must go the larger card route for your home Card Sharks game, Bicycle made red- and blue-backed jumbo versions of their playing cards (each card is about four times normal size) under the name “Big Bicycle 8082”.  I have been given to understand the older decks (pre-90s or so) have jokers while the newer ones do not, but am unable to personally confirm this.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 02:06:11 PM »
True, though at normal (poker) size.  If you must go the larger card route for your home Card Sharks game, Bicycle made red- and blue-backed jumbo versions of their playing cards (each card is about four times normal size) under the name “Big Bicycle 8082”.  I have been given to understand the older decks (pre-90s or so) have jokers while the newer ones do not, but am unable to personally confirm this.
No jokers? Pass. How am I to play the end game? I have a deck in each color and should figure out how to put them to use.

Travis L. Eberle

Sodboy13

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2018, 03:17:13 PM »
That or Euchre is about the only game where I would play with super jumbo indices.
Travis L. Eberle

rstrata

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 06:52:56 PM »
That or Euchre is about the only game where I would play with super jumbo indices.

These cards are vital equipment at my family reunions, given the myopic geriatric attendees.
(Don’t let that fool you—they’re still cutthroat as hell, ‘cause they have DECADES of experience.)

dale_grass

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 08:41:59 PM »
No jokers? Pass. How am I to play the end game? I have a deck in each color and should figure out how to put them to use.

There's such a deck a foot away from me and the jokers are present.  But no "Rules for Draw and Stud Poker" card.

gamed121683

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 09:58:05 PM »

These cards are vital equipment at my family reunions, given the myopic geriatric attendees.
(Don’t let that fool you—they’re still cutthroat as hell, ‘cause they have DECADES of experience.)

Have the ever tried these cards?
https://www.amazon.com/Bicycle-Vision-Playing-Cards-Pack/dp/B010F6BAKM