Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Funny You Should Ask gets 2-year pickup...  (Read 3463 times)

weaklink75

Funny You Should Ask gets 2-year pickup...
« on: January 10, 2018, 09:00:59 PM »
This is on top of the 2nd season they were doing, so this takes it through the 20-21 season...

http://deadline.com/2018/01/funny-you-should-ask-renewed-two-years-byron-allen-entertainment-studios-john-kelley-1202240413/

BrandonFG

Re: Funny You Should Ask gets 2-year pickup...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 09:54:56 PM »
Not too surprising...his sitcoms recorded several seasons worth of episodes in a very short time frame, guaranteeing they would have the 100 episodes required for syndication.

/This also means the shows will air in reruns till about 2027
//See Unleashed, Comics
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 05:39:57 AM »
This is on top of the 2nd season they were doing, so this takes it through the 20-21 season...

http://deadline.com/2018/01/funny-you-should-ask-renewed-two-years-byron-allen-entertainment-studios-john-kelley-1202240413/

What is ironic/coincidental is that on my browser, the story is blocked by an ad for "Hostiles," a movie released by Entertainment Studios.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BillCullen1

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 11:06:44 AM »
This is good news for Jon Lovitz and Louie Anderson, since they seem to be on every show of this.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 12:03:56 PM »
This is good news for Jon Lovitz and Louie Anderson, since they seem to be on every show of this.
Which reminds me, if you haven't seen this outtake (and watched it all the way to the payoff), you're really missing out.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Sodboy13

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 10:41:34 PM »
Hey, the show Byron Allen doesn't want to air is pretty good!
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 09:41:48 PM »
Enjoying the show. It doesn't pretend to be anything more than what it is - a low-budget offering where scripted lines are mostly predictable but occasionally surprising. Have even given up fretting that the show is 10% game, 40% crowd whooping, and 50% commercials. Almost as bad as the old Pax version of Beat The Clock. The only irritation is the damn cheapness (I know - Byron Allen). Dislike shows where losers leave with zero (in a no-risk situation. Fine if games have a "You can keep what you have now, or risk losing it all on the next question"). Even a couple of cheesy consolation prizes would be nice. It's not like they don't have time for a couple of promotional product plugs.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:06:51 PM by The Ol' Guy »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 09:50:18 PM »
Enjoying the show. It doesn't pretend to be anything more than what it is - a low-budget offering where scripted lines are mostly predictable but occasionally surprising. Have even given up fretting over the appearance that the show is 10% game, 40% crowd whooping, and 50% commercials. Almost as bad as the old Pax version of Beat The Clock. The only irritation is the damn cheapness (I know - Byron Allen). Dislike shows where losers leave with zero. Even a couple of cheesy consolation prizes would be nice. It's not like they don't have time for a couple of promotional product plugs.
We should be happy that the winner gets to play for $5,000.  Balderdash did largely the same thing and they played only for points--the bonus game determined which prize the winner would receive.
Travis L. Eberle