Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If I were TPIR Producer for a Day..  (Read 13794 times)

ClockGameJohn

If I were TPIR Producer for a Day..
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2004, 11:31:30 AM »
I don't dislike the game nor really do I find the name out of line for it.  (Prizes are worth money - are they not?)

The only thing that might work is to get somewhere between the original rules and the current ones.  Everything right on first try = $500 -- Second try you lose the bonus money.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2004, 04:03:49 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 07:42 AM\'] To make the game more deserving of its name, play Time is Money for a prize like it is now. However, give the player a 20 or 30 second clock and a button to press at the left side of the gameboard. THey could place the products, then press a button, and if wrong, go back and make changes. If they get all five right, they win the prize plus $100 per second left on the clock. [/quote]
 Yeah! They could call it.....Bonkers!

Next.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2004, 11:12:52 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 04:03 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 07:42 AM\'] To make the game more deserving of its name, play Time is Money for a prize like it is now. However, give the player a 20 or 30 second clock and a button to press at the left side of the gameboard. THey could place the products, then press a button, and if wrong, go back and make changes. If they get all five right, they win the prize plus $100 per second left on the clock. [/quote]

Next. [/quote]
 Or they could call it Time Race Game is MOney....

clemon79

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2004, 02:38:20 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 09:12 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 04:03 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 07:42 AM\'] To make the game more deserving of its name, play Time is Money for a prize like it is now. However, give the player a 20 or 30 second clock and a button to press at the left side of the gameboard. THey could place the products, then press a button, and if wrong, go back and make changes. If they get all five right, they win the prize plus $100 per second left on the clock. [/quote]

Next. [/quote]
Or they could call it Time Race Game is MOney.... [/quote]
 I'm guessing they're just call it "lame" and move on.

Tony

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2004, 04:05:41 PM »
What I would do first and foremost is push the higher-ups to sign up Randy West as permanent announcer pronto!

As for the games:

PLINKO
Change the spaces to: 250-1000-2500-0-10000-0-2500-1000-250
(Reason being, If the center space is now doubled, why keep the other spaces the same as they were in 1983?  This isn't Mo' Money, it's keeping up with inflation.)

SUPER SAVER
Bring this game back, but modified so each trilon can be moved by a dial that Bob can twist, rather than relying on the prone-to-malfunctioning automatic flipping. (Perhaps paint a directional arrow so Bob will know what direction to twist the knobs.)

Put on the scrap heap:
Pick-a-Number, On the Spot, Joker, Poker Game, and Double Prices

Neumms

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2004, 10:24:02 PM »
First thing, hire a new art director. New doors, turntable, giant pricetag and Showcase podiums (podia?) immediately.

Then bag the Bonus Game for being not as good as the Shell Game. Bring back old Shell Game props. And old Golden Road props, with both turntable-like things and no rainbows until the end.

Keep Bonkers the way it is, and re-do such tacky-looking games as Money Game, Side-by-Side, Take Two and the gold-tone Squeeze Play.

Bag Secret "X," for being a dull, unfair game from the get-go.

Bring back Superball. Bring back Hurdles, starter's pistol or no.

Play "Time Is Money" for straight cash: $10,000 for winning on the first try, $5,000 for winning on the second (because, of course, time is money).

Turn Lucky Seven into Lucky Eight. Re-do the board, while we're at it.

Get rid of Hit Me because if you've seen the game, it's nearly impossible to lose, and if you haven't seen it, it's nearly impossible to sit through. Get rid of "Easy as 1-2-3," because it's the same as "Most Expensive" but harder.

Other than that, give Bob a pat on the back and tell him in my best producer's voice, "Don't change, baby, don't change."

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2004, 11:42:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Tony\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 04:05 PM\'] SUPER SAVER
Bring this game back, but modified so each trilon can be moved by a dial that Bob can twist, rather than relying on the prone-to-malfunctioning automatic flipping. (Perhaps paint a directional arrow so Bob will know what direction to twist the knobs.)
 [/quote]
 It has been reported that the game was retired for other reasons than mechnical failure.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

uncamark

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2004, 06:54:19 PM »
I've continued to like the idea of someone on a.t.g-s in the old days of turning Poker Game into a prize package/grocery items game, with four $1-9.99 grocery items.  It's still played the same way, just lower prices on the items and a better payoff.

Don Howard

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2004, 11:52:46 AM »
I'd bring in a freakin' substitute to cover the chores of an octogenarian egomaniac who calls in sick so the crew and the audience doesn't have to be sent home.

clemon79

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2004, 12:19:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 09:52 AM\'] I'd bring in a freakin' substitute to cover the chores of an octogenarian egomaniac who calls in sick so the crew and the audience doesn't have to be sent home. [/quote]
 Considering the "octogenarian egomaniac" in question is one of the most recognizable faces in television, PERIOD, much LESS daytime television, you wouldn't be producing the show very long with that attitude.

Sometimes, the ego DOES have enough power to run things how they want. This is one of those cases.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2004, 03:48:48 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 12:19 PM\'] [quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 09:52 AM\'] I'd bring in a freakin' substitute to cover the chores of an octogenarian egomaniac who calls in sick so the crew and the audience doesn't have to be sent home. [/quote]
Considering the "octogenarian egomaniac" in question is one of the most recognizable faces in television, PERIOD, much LESS daytime television, you wouldn't be producing the show very long with that attitude.

Sometimes, the ego DOES have enough power to run things how they want. This is one of those cases. [/quote]
 Which leads me to a question:  What exactly is the disclaimer on the tickets; regarding cancellation?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

cmjb13

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2004, 06:44:40 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Feb 5 2004, 03:48 AM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 12:19 PM\'] [quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 09:52 AM\'] I'd bring in a freakin' substitute to cover the chores of an octogenarian egomaniac who calls in sick so the crew and the audience doesn't have to be sent home. [/quote]

Sometimes, the ego DOES have enough power to run things how they want. This is one of those cases. [/quote]
Which leads me to a question:  What exactly is the disclaimer on the tickets; regarding cancellation? [/quote]
 Looking at the one I have, nothing.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

yo-11-yo

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2004, 08:13:19 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 10:52 AM\'] I'd bring in a freakin' substitute to cover the chores of an octogenarian egomaniac who calls in sick so the crew and the audience doesn't have to be sent home. [/quote]
 I've got to chime in here.  As I stated in another thread, I was an audience member for the first taping this past Monday, which was of course cancelled.  I was quite disappointed, but not angry.  After all, who wants to work when they have the flu?  I don't.  I imagine Bob doesn't either.

You say Bob is an egomaniac, and maybe he is, but he's the main attraction of TPiR.  The majority of the TPiR audience is not made up of game show freaks such as us.  If there had been a sub host, I'm betting the majority of those people would leave anyway.

yo-11-yo

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2004, 08:18:06 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Feb 5 2004, 02:48 AM\'] Which leads me to a question:  What exactly is the disclaimer on the tickets; regarding cancellation? [/quote]
 Not having actual tickets in front of me, I can't say.  However, I got my tickets online and it was on the printout that all tape dates and times are tentative and every effort will be made to inform ticket holders of any changes.  I would imagine that means that changes/cancellations will be posted on the CBS website, just like they were.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2004, 07:33:25 PM »
Neumms said at: Feb 2 2004, 10:24 PM
First thing, hire a new art director. New doors, turntable, giant pricetag and Showcase podiums (podia?) immediately.

Meh.  This I can take or leave.  Sure, I like the old green or red carpet, but I wouldn't bother with set changes right now.
Then bag the Bonus Game for being not as good as the Shell Game. Bring back old Shell Game props. And old Golden Road props, with both turntable-like things and no rainbows until the end.
Keeping Bonus Game around would be good, just for having enough games.  The Golden Road props are okay, but I wouldn't stress it.
Keep Bonkers the way it is, and re-do such tacky-looking games as Money Game, Side-by-Side, Take Two and the gold-tone Squeeze Play.
I think the art for most of the games is fine as is, but would go back to the purple and orange for Take Two; it matches the showcase stands.
Bag Secret "X," for being a dull, unfair game from the get-go.
I disagree.  It's just like Joker.  If you can play the game well enough, you have a better chance to win.  I would suggest having four small products, each one for an item.  Get all four, and you guarantee a win.
Bring back Superball. Bring back Hurdles, starter's pistol or no.
Hear, hear.
Play "Time Is Money" for straight cash: $10,000 for winning on the first try, $5,000 for winning on the second (because, of course, time is money).
Scale it back.  $5,000 and $2,500, maybe.  Or this: first chance for $5,000; if you fail, you can take $500 to leave, or play again for $2,500.
Turn Lucky Seven into Lucky Eight. Re-do the board, while we're at it.
Nope.  "Lucky Eight" has no meaning outside of this game, and it wouldn't make sense.  I would suggest playing for more expensive cars, possibly.  I had an idea to have the Dice Game use ten-sided dice instead of six.  The idea makes sense; but the theme is flushed out the window.

Travis
Get rid of Hit Me because if you've seen the game, it's nearly impossible to lose, and if you haven't seen it, it's nearly impossible to sit through. Get rid of "Easy as 1-2-3," because it's the same as "Most Expensive" but harder.
[/QUOTE]
Easy as 1-2-3 is not the same as Most Expensive.  Keep Hit Me with the blackjack bonus.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 12:23:00 AM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle