Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Daytime and Nighttime WOF on NBC affiliates from 1983 to 1988  (Read 6190 times)

Scrabbleship

Re: Daytime and Nighttime WOF on NBC affiliates from 1983 to 1988
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 08:24:59 PM »
Two more:

WVIT New Britain (Hartford): Aired the first season of Nighttime WoF before it moved to its current home of WTNH.
WNYT Albany: Aired Nighttime WoF from 1983-88 before it and Jeopardy moved to their current home of WTEN.

Viacom, the then-owner of both stations, was another early believer in Nighttime WoF as another of their stations, WHEC in Rochester (then-CBS) aired as it well.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2018, 08:36:05 PM »
I'm curious to see if, once the daytime series switched networks in 1989, the amount of stations carrying both shows went up significantly. Most of their O&Os were airing the nighttime series at the time anyway, weren't they?

WKYC in Cleveland, when it was an NBC O&O, did not air nighttime Wheel nor J!  WEWS already called shotgun on those shows.
To go back further, I believe that O&O WKYC aired both the nighttime High Rollers and Celebrity Sweepstakes.

I was referring to CBS O&O's.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Jamey Greek

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2018, 02:34:30 PM »
WJHG in Panama City aired nighttime WOF and Daytime I believe.  I think also WALA in Mobile did too.  And didn't WMC in Memphis.  Also WXIA in Atlanta did too

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2018, 12:28:38 PM »
WTHR in Indy did as well.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)