Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How did this Bob Barker rumor start?  (Read 5057 times)

Jimmy Owen

How did this Bob Barker rumor start?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2004, 11:03:34 AM »
My math teacher used to have a thermos of Irish coffee in his desk drawer.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2004, 01:09:44 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 10:32 AM\'] [quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 08:13 AM\']
*writing in notebook*

Chain smoke. Watch soaps.

I don't recall being taught that in any of my education courses but I might've been absent that day.

Maybe you have to spend 10 years with screeching, unruly third-graders for this affliction to take hold. In your case you'll be bringing a DVD player and watching episodes of Blackout. [/quote]
In my case, it'll be three months of unruly high schoolers, and I'll have a flask of some potent potable hidden in my desk...plus that DVD player with Blackout.  If Blackout doesn't eradicate the stress of dealing with rowdy teenagers, the alcohol will blackout everything. [/quote]
 Tell the kids if they don't behave, they'll be forced to write a report over Malcolm.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

1978-Jeopardy

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2004, 01:19:31 PM »
QUOTE (hmtriplecrown @ Feb 1 2004, 10:32 AM)
QUOTE (chris319 @ Feb 1 2004, 08:13 AM)
*writing in notebook*

Chain smoke. Watch soaps.

I don't recall being taught that in any of my education courses but I might've been absent that day.

Maybe you have to spend 10 years with screeching, unruly third-graders for this affliction to take hold. In your case you'll be bringing a DVD player and watching episodes of Blackout.  

In my case, it'll be three months of unruly high schoolers, and I'll have a flask of some potent potable hidden in my desk...plus that DVD player with Blackout. If Blackout doesn't eradicate the stress of dealing with rowdy teenagers, the alcohol will blackout everything.  

Tell the kids if they don't behave, they'll be forced to write a report over Malcolm.

You're a cruel human being...
I think an episode of TJW90 would suffice, but if you insist...

alfonzos

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2004, 02:05:55 PM »
Joke: When CBS executives heard Bob Barker's latest contract demands they declared, "That's too much!"
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2004, 02:53:45 PM »
[quote name=\'alfonzos\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 11:05 AM\']When CBS executives heard Bob Barker's latest contract demands they declared, "That's too much!" [/quote]
The demand that they tear down part of the building to put up a 30-foot statue of him is a little excessive.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2004, 02:54:20 PM by chris319 »

BrandonFG

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2004, 02:57:21 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 02:53 PM\'] [quote name=\'alfonzos\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 11:05 AM\']When CBS executives heard Bob Barker's latest contract demands they declared, "That's too much!" [/quote]
The demand that they tear down part of the building to put up a 30-foot statue of him is a little excessive. [/quote]
 My sarcasm detector might need new batteries, but isn't there a mural dedicated to Barker at CBS TV City?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

cmjb13

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2004, 04:01:27 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 02:57 PM\'] [quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 02:53 PM\'] [quote name=\'alfonzos\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 11:05 AM\']When CBS executives heard Bob Barker's latest contract demands they declared, "That's too much!" [/quote]
The demand that they tear down part of the building to put up a 30-foot statue of him is a little excessive. [/quote]
My sarcasm detector might need new batteries, but isn't there a mural dedicated to Barker at CBS TV City? [/quote]
 The mural is outside studios 36/46.

There is no Barker statue, yet...
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Kevin Prather

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2004, 04:05:45 PM »
They should tear down part of the NY ABC station, and put up a statue of Regis. He DID save them, right?

uncamark

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2004, 07:11:29 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 04:05 PM\']They should tear down part of the NY ABC station, and put up a statue of Regis. He DID save them, right?[/quote]
Then Susan Lucci would want to know why *she* doesn't have a statue, since she's been associated with the network for 15 more years than Regis.

Of course, she started when she was six.  :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 07:11:47 PM by uncamark »

zachhoran

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2004, 07:35:14 PM »
Sort of off topic, but last week I saw a pic of a guy with a beard when a voiceover for the Philly station local news broadcasts said "longtime Philly DJ is dead" or something to that effect. I for a bit thought it was Harvey, as he did DJ work in Philly before getting the Double Dare announcing gig(that show of course was taped in Philly for its first two years on Nick), but it turned out to be Ed Sciakee(sp?), longtime classic rock DJ in Philly who was responsible for getting airplay for East COast stars like Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen early in their careers.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2004, 05:19:51 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 3 2004, 07:35 PM\'] Sort of off topic, but last week I saw a pic of a guy with a beard when a voiceover for the Philly station local news broadcasts said "longtime Philly DJ is dead" or something to that effect. I for a bit thought it was Harvey, as he did DJ work in Philly before getting the Double Dare announcing gig(that show of course was taped in Philly for its first two years on Nick), but it turned out to be Ed Sciakee(sp?), longtime classic rock DJ in Philly who was responsible for getting airplay for East COast stars like Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen early in their careers. [/quote]
Actually it's Ed Schakey.  I remember him back in his hayday with WYSP in the late 70's & WMMR in the mid to late 80's.  He was very down-to-earth about the music & everything in general.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2004, 11:17:17 AM »
Another that comes to mind is on one of the Game Show specials hosted by William Shatner in the '80s.  Garry Moore was a guest, and mentioned that a TV magazine Q&A column had a question about where they get the guests for "To Tell the Truth".  The answer:  "we don't know and it doesn't matter, because that show's on tape and Garry Moore's been dead for years".
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!