Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: As if Fake-a-Date isn't enough...  (Read 2078 times)

zachhoran

As if Fake-a-Date isn't enough...
« on: February 03, 2004, 10:24:42 PM »
This post is a bit off topic, but Tvweek reports that "Speed Dating", a new dating reality show, is coming to PAX in March. It will follow couples who meet at singles events where men and women are paired up and talk for a few minutes, and at the end of that talk they decide whether they'd like to see the person again for dating or friendship. Such events are called Speed Dating(run by the Jewish organization Aish), 8Minutedating, Hurrydate, Pre-Dating, and a few other similarly-styled outfits, and are held at restaurants and bars in many cities around the country on a monthly basis.

The sad thing is, "I" predicted a TV show based on this would make the air, and it is about to. It doesn't sound as awful as Fake-a-Date, but it certainly doesn't seem like a good fit for PAX. It's probably cheaper to produce for that very fledgling network than the cancelled SUpermarket Sweep and Beat the Clock were.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 10:25:17 PM by zachhoran »

BrandonFG

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 10:31:47 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 3 2004, 10:24 PM\'] This post is a bit off topic, but Tvweek reports that "Speed Dating", a new dating reality show, is coming to PAX in March. It will follow couples who meet at singles events where men and women are paired up and talk for a few minutes, and at the end of that talk they decide whether they'd like to see the person again for dating or friendship. Such events are called Speed Dating(run by the Jewish organization Aish), 8Minutedating, Hurrydate, Pre-Dating, and a few other similarly-styled outfits, and are held at restaurants and bars in many cities around the country on a monthly basis.

The sad thing is, "I" predicted a TV show based on this would make the air, and it is about to. It doesn't sound as awful as Fake-a-Date, but it certainly doesn't seem like a good fit for PAX. It's probably cheaper to produce for that very fledgling network than the cancelled SUpermarket Sweep and Beat the Clock were. [/quote]
It's an interesting idea, although I'd think it would go on TLC, or whoever airs "A Dating/Wedding/Baby Story." At least it's not someone lying to someone on national TV and all.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

JayC

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2004, 10:40:03 PM »
Still, it's a dating show, and they all are worthless crap.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 04:59:54 AM »
I think I remember seeing a speed date element somewhere in the first installment of Temptation Island a couple of years ago.  Apparently, that sort of thing has caught on & now has its own show.  Good greif!

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2004, 11:03:22 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 04:59 AM\'] I think I remember seeing a speed date element somewhere in the first installment of Temptation Island a couple of years ago.  Apparently, that sort of thing has caught on & now has its own show.  Good greif! [/quote]
Personally, I thought it had come and gone, until I saw a recent episode of "Yes, Dear," where the entire episode revolved around a speed-dating session. It's apparently more popular than I thought.

ObGameShow: Mike O'Malley from "Get the Picture" and "Nickelodeon Guts" co-stars in "Yes, Dear."
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!