Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Classics Join GSN on Saturday Nights  (Read 16227 times)

tpirfan28

Re: Classics Join GSN on Saturday Nights
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2018, 11:41:01 AM »
Anyone have any idea when the Family Feud episodes were from?  The first episode had "name an animal with three letters in its name" in Fast Money and only played to $200+.  Video quality at a couple points was really poor.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

SuperMatch93

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 11:54:15 AM »
Anyone have any idea when the Family Feud episodes were from?  The first episode had "name an animal with three letters in its name" in Fast Money and only played to $200+.  Video quality at a couple points was really poor.

From July or August 1976, IIRC.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

chad1m

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2018, 12:17:18 PM »
Anyone have any idea when the Family Feud episodes were from?
The York family appeared in September 1977.

chad1m

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2018, 03:55:10 PM »
There's some shakeups coming to Saturday Night Classics. This coming Saturday sees Match Game extended from 8 to 10 PM, with Richard Dawson Family Feud from 10 to 11 PM. Saturday, February 10th currently has Match Game from 8 to 9 PM, Dawson Family Feud from 9 to 10 PM, and then Wally Bruner What's My Line and '72-'73 I've Got a Secret from 10 to 11 PM, with John Davidson listed as guest for Secret.
Dawson Family Feud lasted a grand total of one Saturday. An hour of Match Game takes its place this Saturday, with next Saturday's Saturday Night Classics comprising entirely of two hours of Match Game. Steve Harvey Family Feud takes the 10 PM slot.

BillCullen1

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2018, 10:04:49 PM »
John Davidson will also cohost the classics this Saturday. Let's see how well he does at this. They also had a clip of him on WML as a panelist - joy.

snowpeck

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2018, 11:49:37 PM »
John Davidson will also cohost the classics this Saturday. Let's see how well he does at this. They also had a clip of him on WML as a panelist - joy.
They're running episodes of him on WML and IGAS in the 10PM and 10:30PM timeslots, respectively.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Ian Wallis

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2018, 04:07:47 PM »
Dawson Family Feud lasted a grand total of one Saturday. An hour of Match Game takes its place this Saturday, with next Saturday's Saturday Night Classics comprising entirely of two hours of Match Game. Steve Harvey Family Feud takes the 10 PM slot.

Well, that didn't last long did it.  Considering the promotion they did on this, I'm a bit surprised they pulled the plug on it so quickly.  Too bad.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2018, 05:22:53 PM »
John Davidson will also cohost the classics this Saturday.

Sounds like this is gonna be our lucky day, USA!
@lambertman

Chief-O

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2018, 07:51:41 PM »
John Davidson will also cohost the classics this Saturday.

Sounds like this is gonna be our lucky day, USA!

Well, that's incredible.....most would need to travel in a time machine to understand that reference!
.....and it goes like this!!!

BillCullen1

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2018, 12:47:01 AM »
Well, this evening during WML and IGAS on GSN, there was no sound during the shows, but the commercials and promos came through loud and clear. I flipped channels and there was sound, so this was a GSN issue. Maybe Davidson was manning the controls at GSN during his hour of shows.  ;D

I also had this issue on last week's FF with the dummy contestant who answered "alligator" for an animal with three letters in its name. The main game had sound but Fast Money did not. 

BTW - Davidson's hosting this evening consisted of short clips of him making brief comments. IMO, he looks like a 60-year-old hippie with that long hair.

PPatters

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2018, 03:17:40 AM »
Well, this evening during WML and IGAS on GSN, there was no sound during the shows, but the commercials and promos came through loud and clear. I flipped channels and there was sound, so this was a GSN issue.

Oh gosh, that stinks! I just watched my DVRs and I didn’t have any audio issues, thankfully.
Patrick

Chief-O

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2018, 08:21:22 AM »
Well, this evening during WML and IGAS on GSN, there was no sound during the shows, but the commercials and promos came through loud and clear. I flipped channels and there was sound, so this was a GSN issue.

I noticed the audio was only in the left channel. The video also looked like it wasn't properly converted.
.....and it goes like this!!!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2018, 11:05:29 AM »
BTW, for those of you who haven't seen Davidson in a while and think that maybe he's semi-retired, he's actually found a strong second act touring the country in supporting roles in Broadway musicals.  He's currently playing Captain Hook in Finding Neverland.  Before that he played the Wizard in Wicked.  So he's still a busy performer, and one who's in high demand
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2018, 11:33:40 AM »
BTW - Davidson's hosting this evening consisted of short clips of him making brief comments. IMO, he looks like a 60-year-old hippie with that long hair.

As he's a 76-year-old hippie, I'm sure he appreciates that!
@lambertman

gsfan85

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2018, 01:00:33 PM »
Well, this evening during WML and IGAS on GSN, there was no sound during the shows, but the commercials and promos came through loud and clear. I flipped channels and there was sound, so this was a GSN issue. Maybe Davidson was manning the controls at GSN during his hour of shows.  ;D

I also had this issue on last week's FF with the dummy contestant who answered "alligator" for an animal with three letters in its name. The main game had sound but Fast Money did not. 

I'm pretty sure the long hippie hair is for a role he's been playing.