Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TattleTales audience question  (Read 2719 times)

Casey

TattleTales audience question
« on: December 12, 2017, 06:27:40 PM »
Bert mentioned in several of the early episodes that they used a check writing machine to pay the audience the money won by their celebrities after the show.  Assuming they taped 5 shows in a day, did they use a new audience for each show (that seems unlikely) or did they do like a 2 shows, break, and 3 shows kind of a thing?  I've been watching the show recently again and that made me curious how it worked logistically.  Anyone know?

SuperMatch93

Re: TattleTales audience question
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 07:53:58 PM »
I remember reading here once that they taped two or three shows with each audience.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 03:01:57 PM »
Anyone know?
Here's a link to the thread when this last came up.

/Three Iowa connections in this thread so far?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

calliaume

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 03:45:52 PM »
Writer and blogger Mark Evanier wrote up a short piece on his blog (actually, it's an offshoot, called Old TV Tickets) that most concurs with what we have here (he's a little off on the dollar amounts):

http://oldtvtickets.com/2005/12/tattletales/

He also put in this note on his page for All-New All-Star Beat the Clock:  "The show also tried the Tattletales gimmick of having the putative celebrities play for the studio audience, thereby helping to fill the seats. Rumor has it they still had trouble filling the house. Even the homeless folks decided they’d rather go hungry."