Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR shows streaming on Twitch  (Read 5900 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
BUZZR shows streaming on Twitch
« on: December 08, 2017, 05:16:33 PM »
This is not a direct stream of BUZZR, but rather an ongoing stream of BUZZR shows.  Shows from the same series aren't necessarily consecutive--I've watched the stream for about 45 mins., which was mainly two episodes of Beat the Clock (Hall); the winner on the first show was not the championship team on the second episode.  It's filler if you're like me and don't have BUZZR.

https://www.twitch.tv/buzzr

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: BUZZR shows streaming on Twitch
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 05:47:25 PM »
Excellent find, thanks!
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 06:54:46 PM »
Appears to be the same library of shows uploaded to Amazon, so if you have Prime and have been watching them heavily, you might be disappointed; but if you don't have Prime this is great. :)

Something I noticed, though - it's a live feed, so the twitch commercial breaks interrupt whatever show you're watching.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 07:19:35 PM by aaron sica »

snowpeck

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 08:58:44 PM »
Another thing of note is the stream is higher video quality than on Amazon Prime. The Prime videos can look a little blurry when blown up to full TV screen size, but the Twitch stream looks better.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 05:19:45 PM »
It appears that the stream consists of a block of one episode from ~10 different shows, repeated for 24 hours, with the change coming sometime in the afternoon.  Right now, Monty's 2nd BtC is airing after the premiere was the only episode shown for the previous 24 hours.  Some BUZZR is better than none.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 11:25:11 AM »
So, would it be out of the realm of possibilities that Fremantle takes a page from PBS and uses this platform to put on a massive marathon of one of their properties? I'm clearly hoping for something with their newest acquisition, Supermarket Sweep. But they could have fun with other shows as well.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

jage

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 02:05:15 PM »
They seem to be trying to think outside the box for distribution channels and methods, so could definitely see this. Would be worth sending them a suggestion. A sweep marathon would get a fair amount of attention, similar to Starcade.

calliaume

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 04:58:59 PM »
One bitch about Twitch (someone had to say it):  while the commercial spots from the original airing are gone, there are new ad spots that are inserted more or less at random - for example, two :30 spots blocked out virtually an entire Beat the Clock stunt.

I know this has been mentioned before, but between Twitch, Amazon Prime, and Nosey, there are an awful lot of streaming options for us.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2017, 09:11:47 AM »
The stream changes its episodes at 5 PM Eastern.  I was watching Body Language on Wednesday around that time.  Only the first 5 minutes aired, then the stream went to the next chronological Beat the Clock.

Also, it appears that their stream repeats every week; last night, I saw a Beat the Clock which was on the stream late last week (I wanna say the 4th ep., the second show with the big penny bonus stunt), Body Language with Marcia Wallace and Fred Travalena, and a Card Sharks from the premiere week, either episode 3 or 4.