Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sports Jeopardy question  (Read 2980 times)

bulldog_06

Sports Jeopardy question
« on: December 04, 2017, 10:38:07 AM »
Is Sports Jeopardy still going? Or did they end its run? I haven't heard anything on it.

colonial

Re: Sports Jeopardy question
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 11:54:37 AM »
Sports Jeopardy! shut down production in 2016 after recording just 12 of 52 episodes of season three. The "official" word from Sony is that SJ! is on hiatus (on their ticket website, the show promised updates on future tapings in both March and April. Now it says it has no information on tape dates for this year).

NBCSN started airing episodes previously seen on Crackle during last year's Summer Olympics, but I believed the network stopped airing them in May.

AFAIK, there has been no announcement of a cancellation (and I believe J! was still signing up people for a future SJ! online test as late as this past spring), but the odds don't seem great of a return.

JD

nowhammies10

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 01:12:20 PM »
Further to that point (anecdotally speaking) I've noticed an uptick in sports categories since the beginning of this season of regular Jeopardy! games.  By my count, there have been 23 sports-themed categories in S34 so far (incl. 1 Final J!), not including single clues in categories where sports isn't necessarily the main theme of the category (e.g. in a Before & After category, something like "King Arthur's the head coach of this newest NHL expansion team"). Perhaps this is a sign that they're burning through SJ! material already written.

Correct response: VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE

/No, they don't use the full name of the city.

bulldog_06

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 05:02:36 PM »
Thanks for the info. Has Dan Patrick said anything about SJ?

Unrealtor

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 07:16:50 PM »
NBCSN started airing episodes previously seen on Crackle during last year's Summer Olympics, but I believed the network stopped airing them in May.

It's still on occasionally, but not exactly prime time scheduling. There's a block from 1-3 AM Eastern this coming Wednesday night according to my cable program guide.
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

colonial

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 02:37:04 PM »
A bit of an update on this.

While confirming a Sporting News report that he had been talking with ESPN about possibly returning to the network in some capacity, Dan Patrick said on his radio show Monday he spoke to then-ESPN president John Skipper last year about bringing SJ! to ESPN, possibly as a daily afternoon show ...

www.sportingnews.com/other-sports/news/dan-patrick-espn-nbc-football-night-in-america-talks-return-reunite-keith-olbermann/ybe6zuktl5om1lcqaqemnnolp

Patrick's contract with NBC and AT&T runs out shortly, but he has said he wants to continue working there full time, and is open in doing "special projects" for ESPN.

JD

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 07:09:55 PM »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 07:13:22 PM »
AT&T
Huh?

Ever since the merger with DirecTV, it's now the "AT&T Entertainment Group" or "AT&T Sports Network" or "AT&T Dog and Pony Show", and they're the ones that own his daily sports talk show.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 07:18:33 PM »
Ever since the merger with DirecTV, it's now the "AT&T Entertainment Group" or "AT&T Sports Network" or "AT&T Dog and Pony Show", and they're the ones that own his daily sports talk show.

Aha! I was wondering if it had to do with the radio show. Fair enough. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe