Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Match Game Season 3 & Fred Savage Hosts New GS...  (Read 9618 times)

TimK2003

Match Game Season 3 & Fred Savage Hosts New GS...
« on: November 17, 2017, 06:09:30 PM »
Two primetime game shows premiere January -- one is Match Game (Weds 1/3) and one is a new show produced by Ricky Gervais and hosted by Fred Savage (Fri 1/5):

http://deadline.com/2017/11/abc-midseason-premiere-dates-tgit-ricky-gervais-child-support-match-game-1202209624/

BrandonFG

Re: Match Game Season 3 & Fred Savage Hosts New GS...
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 06:22:56 PM »
I wonder whether Daniel Stern is the announcer for Child Support?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 09:56:19 PM »
I wonder whether Daniel Stern is the announcer for Child Support?

Maybe he provides some narration too.

"And as I stepped in front of the cameras for the first time hosting a game show......"

BillCullen1

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 01:21:44 PM »
A reminder that MG returns tonight (1/3). They taped 15 episodes in October and I believe they have two eps from last season that have not aired.

calliaume

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 09:42:31 PM »
ABC will have a little more space in its prime time schedule, as The Mayor has just been dropped (http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/abc-cancels-the-mayor-1202654026/).  Great reviews for the pilot (although I remember watching it and thinking, "Eh"), but apparently it never built an audience.

Kevin (Probably) Saves the World is also iffy to continue.  Star Jason Ritter was on last night's MG episode, so hopefully he still has a show in a few weeks.

Unrealtor

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 12:16:54 AM »
Kevin (Probably) Saves the World is also iffy to continue.  Star Jason Ritter was on last night's MG episode, so hopefully he still has a show in a few weeks.

The cynic in me wondered whether this episode was slotted as the season premiere just so that the references to "Kevin..." were still timely, although I think I remember that one of the other ABC game shows described one of the celebrity guests as being from a show that was no longer on the air by the time the episode actually aired. (Maybe TTTT season 1?)
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 01:01:11 AM »
I lasted two questions into We're Paying Ricky Gervais An Assload Of Money So We're Going To Make Damn Sure To Run All Of His Clips before I couldn't take any more and switched to Guy Fieri.

Read into that what you will.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

alfonzos

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 01:37:37 AM »
Comment about the second player on the premiere episode:
He should have quit at the $100,000 level. My reasoning: the top prize is now $150,000. He is now betting 1:2 odds that he will give the correct response on his own. He keeps $100,000 if the kids save him.
 He loses it all if no one can answer the question. It odds were against him as was the possible payoff.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 01:58:43 AM »
Serious question...I haven't seen too many commercials, so is this supposed to be like a high stakes Child's Play meets Are You Smarter...?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

clemon79

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 02:03:03 AM »
Serious question...I haven't seen too many commercials, so is this supposed to be like a high stakes Child's Play meets Are You Smarter...?

No, it's straight-up Are You Smarter... with even less game to it, and the TPiR Bonus Game angle of "some questions actively matter less than others because because we know the kids get it right anyhow."

BrandonFG

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 02:11:50 AM »
Thank you. Now I see I didn't miss much and am not very inclined to check it out. :)

Kevin Prather

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2018, 02:21:20 AM »
Comment about the second player on the premiere episode:
He should have quit at the $100,000 level.

He couldn't. He had to walk at $75,000 or commit to going all the way.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2018, 03:32:09 AM »
Thank you. Now I see I didn't miss much and am not very inclined to check it out. :)
It's nice that the money isn't stupidly enormous, but I managed to blip through in about five minutes and I think that was enough. Whoof.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2018, 11:12:51 AM »

Just to spell it out in case someone else hasn't already: Ask question. Right answer moves you up the money ladder. Wrong answer eliminates you UNLESS the kids knew it (and again, that's all precanned) in which case you are "saved" but no ladder bump. Survive 12 questions and win wherever you made it to on the ladder. (Sounds like there are opportunities to bail along the way. Whee.) That's it.

That Don Guy

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2018, 12:45:52 PM »

Just to spell it out in case someone else hasn't already: Ask question. Right answer moves you up the money ladder. Wrong answer eliminates you UNLESS the kids knew it (and again, that's all precanned) in which case you are "saved" but no ladder bump. Survive 12 questions and win wherever you made it to on the ladder. (Sounds like there are opportunities to bail along the way. Whee.) That's it.

Pedantic mode: 10 questions.  Also, you can bail out only after questions 4 and 8.

And I have to wonder how closely standards & practices watches to make sure nobody involved in placing the questions on the ladder knows whether or not the kids got the question right.  At least on AYSTAFG, the kids have to answer the questions as they are asked to the contestant.