Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Couple of FF questions  (Read 2628 times)

That Don Guy

Couple of FF questions
« on: January 29, 2004, 10:21:53 PM »
Reading a post about the old FF reminded me of a couple of questions (and the second one has been asked before, although it may have been on the old board or in ATGS as I couldn't find it here).

One - did any family ever win $2 in a round?  I remember one that was in single digits ("Name a type of punishment mentioned in the Bible"), but I can't remember if it was 2 or 4.

Two - were there ever any rounds with more than 10 answers?   I remember two with ten ("Name something associated with a wedding" - it was the final board of the first hour-long special; if you're not familiar with those, there were two 200-point games with $5000 Fast Money rounds, and the winners met in one "winner take all" board to play a $10,000 Fast Money (and I can't recall any hour show where they didn't give the $10,000 away) - and "Name your favorite movie actor"), but that's the most I ever saw.

-- Don (and speaking of the hour-long FFs, has GSN ever aired any of them?)

zachhoran

Couple of FF questions
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 11:10:02 PM »
[quote name=\'That Don Guy\' date=\'Jan 29 2004, 10:21 PM\']

One - did any family ever win $2 in a round?  I remember one that was in single digits ("Name a type of punishment mentioned in the Bible"), but I can't remember if it was 2 or 4.

Two - were there ever any rounds with more than 10 answers?   I remember two with ten ("Name something associated with a wedding" - it was the final board of the first hour-long special; if you're not familiar with those, there were two 200-point games with $5000 Fast Money rounds, and the winners met in one "winner take all" board to play a $10,000 Fast Money (and I can't recall any hour show where they didn't give the $10,000 away) - and "Name your favorite movie actor"), but that's the most I ever saw.

-- Don (and speaking of the hour-long FFs, has GSN ever aired any of them?) [/quote]
 I do remember doing an alert on Usenet about a $3 bank win on a 1983 syndie episode when GSN aired that in 2001. Can't recall a $2 bank win, however.

I think there was one or two 11 or 12 answer questions in the Dawson era. Can't recall the questions specifically.

GSN has aired the All star FF shows from time to time, most recently on Feud Friday Nights in the 2002 vertivision evening blocks.
There's an all-star FF hour to begin airing on one of the weekend nights starting in Mid-March.

Jay Temple

Couple of FF questions
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2004, 12:21:54 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 29 2004, 10:10 PM\'] I think there was one or two 11 or 12 answer questions in the Dawson era. Can't recall the questions specifically.
 [/quote]
 I'm about 99% certain that I've seen an 11-answer question on the show.  I'm 100% certain I've seen one in the home game.  Occasionally it seems that they would drop a $2 answer from a main-game question to make it go faster.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

zachhoran

Couple of FF questions
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2004, 08:42:27 AM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' date=\'Jan 30 2004, 12:21 AM\']
I'm about 99% certain that I've seen an 11-answer question on the show.  I'm 100% certain I've seen one in the home game.  Occasionally it seems that they would drop a $2 answer from a main-game question to make it go faster. [/quote]
 You wouldn't have seen an 11 answer question in the home games, as the boards only had room for 10 answers, and the "Favorite movie star" question with 10 answers did appear in one or two of the MB home games.