Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Most recent show with no existing video?  (Read 24100 times)

Loogaroo

Re: Most recent show with no existing video?
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2017, 06:11:32 PM »
Is there any footage of the 1988 Hanna-Barbera foray into game shows, Skedaddle? That's the latest one I can think of that I haven't seen hide nor hair of since.
You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".

SuperMatch93

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2020, 06:58:49 AM »
Apologies for necroing this thread, but does anyone know if video exists of The New Celebrity Bowling from 1987? I was watching the original on Prime Video the other day and I realized I've never seen any trace of the revival online.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

snowpeck

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2020, 02:06:17 PM »
Apologies for necroing this thread, but does anyone know if video exists of The New Celebrity Bowling from 1987? I was watching the original on Prime Video the other day and I realized I've never seen any trace of the revival online.
I've seen at least one reference book refer to that version as not having aired. Not sure of the veracity of that claim.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2020, 04:00:28 PM »
Is there any footage of the 1988 Hanna-Barbera foray into game shows, Skedaddle? That's the latest one I can think of that I haven't seen hide nor hair of since.

Most of one episode is on the trading circuit.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

BrandonFG

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2020, 12:17:57 AM »
In the early-80s, a channel called the Satellite Program Network aired a show called The Shopping Game with Art James. I found an article from 1981; does any video exist?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Allstar87

« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2020, 10:59:02 AM »
In the early-80s, a channel called the Satellite Program Network aired a show called The Shopping Game with Art James. I found an article from 1981; does any video exist?

It's out there somewhere. Back when Brad Francini's gscentral was active...I think it was either 2000 or 2001...he posted a screenshot of the title graphic on his main page. There were three other shots to go with it. The first two were the logos to two shows called Celebrity Dominoes and Birds Of A Feather. (The former appears to have been a Canadian show from the 70s, not sure what the latter was but it looked very early 80s.) The last was a screenshot of a show with a giant green digital display; I learned many years later it was from the Body Talk pilot.

Unfortunately, archive.org doesn't seem to have preserved any of them. I saved the pictures, but this was roughly 20 years ago, I have no idea where they could be.

colonial

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2020, 03:32:41 PM »
GilmoreBox, a YouTuber who frequently posts openings to random shows and pilots, posted the "Birds of a Feather" pilot opening a while back. Have not seen the full episode posted anywhere.

JD

BrandonFG

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2020, 04:45:09 PM »
I forgot Brad had that on his page. Having seen the “Birds of a Feather” clip, I’ve been curious about that one, and have never found much. Not even a year.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

SuperMatch93

« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2020, 12:30:48 PM »

Robair's clip tape has a small portion of it.

https://youtu.be/wf-CBDU_wWg?t=12376
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

SuperMatch93

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2022, 08:29:27 AM »
Does anyone know whether either episode of All-American Ultra Quiz exists from 1981? Aside from a promo on YT, this might qualify based on its status as a special.

carlisle96

« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2022, 01:28:29 PM »
For me, Wizard of Odds would be a tremendous find, as would Spin Off, and the Face Lifters version of High Rollers.  The Museum of TV/Radio has some 70s Truth or Consequences, but i'm honestly surprised as to why there aren't more of those in existence.
I'd rather see Joe Pyne's Showdown

That Don Guy

« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2022, 01:56:09 PM »
Does Disney Channel's College Bowl '87 still exist?

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2022, 02:07:47 PM »
Does Disney Channel's College Bowl '87 still exist?
I've got it on VHS somewhere.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BrandonFG

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2022, 06:13:38 PM »
How about “Remember This?” from about 1996. It was an MSNBC game show hosted by Al Roker, aired on Saturday nights. It was kinda like “Sports Challenge” but with NBC News clips.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2022, 06:35:32 PM »
How about “Remember This?” from about 1996. It was an MSNBC game show hosted by Al Roker, aired on Saturday nights. It was kinda like “Sports Challenge” but with NBC News clips.

I remember nothing about it, but it appears I have a copy of it on VHS.  1996 is awfully far into the development of home video for somebody somewhere not to have recorded something.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.