Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Most recent show with no existing video?  (Read 24128 times)

jimlangefan

Re: Most recent show with no existing video?
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2017, 04:18:39 PM »
Stu Shostak had said last year he was going to upload an epidode of Dennis James's version of Name That Tune to Youtube, but never got around to it from what I've seen or he changed his mind about it.
TV's Big Dealer

BrandonFG

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2017, 04:42:43 PM »
For me, Wizard of Odds would be a tremendous find, as would Spin Off, and the Face Lifters version of High Rollers.  The Museum of TV/Radio has some 70s Truth or Consequences, but i'm honestly surprised as to why there aren't more of those in existence.

Finally got to watch a (pretty late) episode of The Wizard of Odds the last time I was at UCLA.  I'm not entirely sure it was worth the wait.
A clip of Wizard of Odds also appears in BUZZR's Game Changers documentary. I believe GSN aired the pilot on its first day, no?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2017, 05:10:06 PM »

A clip of Wizard of Odds also appears in BUZZR's Game Changers documentary. I believe GSN aired the pilot on its first day, no?

Nope, never saw the light of day on GSN.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2017, 07:56:36 PM »
EDIT: forgot to mention that I learned from a trusted source a couple months ago that the run of The  Moneymaze DOES still exist, but the tapes were not well cared for and are plagued by tracking issues and blurry picture.

Interesting.  If that still exists, it makes you wonder about other daytime ABC shows of that era that still may survive - like Kennedy's Split Second for one.  Or, if it was just the production company that maybe saved them, what about The Big Showdown?
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Fedya

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2017, 02:18:35 PM »
That KBHK logo.  Wow.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

gamed121683

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2017, 02:24:24 PM »
EDIT: forgot to mention that I learned from a trusted source a couple months ago that the run of The  Moneymaze DOES still exist, but the tapes were not well cared for and are plagued by tracking issues and blurry picture.

Interesting.  If that still exists, it makes you wonder about other daytime ABC shows of that era that still may survive - like Kennedy's Split Second for one.  Or, if it was just the production company that maybe saved them, what about The Big Showdown?

Who owns Kennedy's Split Second these days, anyway? Is it Fremantle?

johnnya2k3

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2017, 04:13:54 PM »
Who owns Kennedy's Split Second these days, anyway? Is it Fremantle?
I believe so (CBS owns the 1986 version).

And I’m certain the nighttime Art Fleming Jeopardy does exist...somewhere.

As for Truth Or Consequences? Except for this 1977 promo from KMGH in Denver (at the very end of this video), no clips neither a full episode from Bob Hilton’s version haven’t seen the light of day on YouTube...yet.
https://youtu.be/4GgBQhrxBE8

BrandonFG

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2017, 04:22:07 PM »
As for Truth Or Consequences? Except for this 1977 promo......no clips neither a full episode from Bob Hilton’s version haven’t seen the light of day on YouTube...yet.
Yes it has. It was many years ago, but the intro and first stunt from that version was posted. IIRC, the stunt involved a helicopter.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2017, 05:28:29 PM »

As for Truth Or Consequences? Except for this 1977 promo from KMGH in Denver (at the very end of this video), no clips neither a full episode from Bob Hilton’s version haven’t seen the light of day on YouTube...yet.

I had a full episode was up last year on the site, I think I still have it saved on the webspace. Quality's not great, but worth a look. I'll check and add it to the YouTube channel if I find it.

TimK2003

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2017, 10:53:40 PM »

And Johnny Gilbert at the beginning of the video NOT doing a game show! 

/SesaMAY Street???

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2017, 03:26:56 AM »
And I’m certain the nighttime Art Fleming Jeopardy does exist...somewhere.

So am I.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

RMF

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2017, 06:43:25 PM »
Only thing from the 70s that comes to mind would be Clark Race's version of You Don't Say.

Our own TwoInchQuad said he saw a clip over a decade ago, though (from his description) it seems to have been a program ending without actual gameplay:

http://www.gameshowforum.org/index.php/topic,7967.0.html

Argo

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2017, 10:05:02 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Canadian game shows don't exist anymore. Either that or broadcasters here are much less open to releasing their shows for repeat broadcasts. Even when GameTV were running traditional game shows, they only ran the same late 80s-early 90s series  that have been in repeats off and on for years on other stations, which were mostly intended for US audiences anyway. The few Canadian only shows such as The Mad Dash only had 15 or so episodes that existed. I don't know if it's a story of not existing, or again, just CTV and CBC wanting to hold on to things. Not releasing the archives is just as good as not having them in my opinion. If you're not going to let anyone see them, don't bother having them. We had decades of Jim Perry shows on the air but all the public gets to see are the last 2 series taped in the US.

For Shame1

That Don Guy

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2017, 03:27:24 PM »
Especially odd considering that it was syndicated, and those tapes seem to have a higher survival rate.  Does anybody know if this might have been a weekly show with VERY few episodes produced?
Per EOTVGS, Pro-Fan was a weekly series airing between May and September 1977, with 13 episodes produced. So that fits your description.  I have no idea why it became a favorite of Maxine Fabe's.
Am I the only one who remembers watching the entire series (on KBHK, no less - and it was on Saturday nights at 11:30, just like the promo said)?
Here's "the quick version":
Two teams of a contestant and a former athlete
The host (former NBC sports announcer Charlie Jones) alternated asking questions to the contestants (the two I remember: "In football, how many points do you get for a touchback?" (zero) and "Who led the World Football League in rushing when it folded in midseason?").  A correct answer was worth 10 points in the first period, 20 in the second, and 40 in the third (each one 4 minutes long), and that team's athlete then tried some sport-based stunt within 24 seconds that was worth the same number of points, although in the third period, each contestant could replace the athlete once, for 80 points.  These were the stunts I can remember:
Baseball (pitch a ball through a cardboard strike zone)
Football (either throw a ball through a tire, or kick it over a goal post)
Basketball (either make a 6-foot hook shot or a free throw)
Golf (they had a machine where you hit the ball into a backdrop and it calculated where it would land on a particular hole; they had to get it within a certain distance; they also had a non-flat putting green)
Archery (get it within a particular section of the target)
Horseshoes (usually, get it within one shoe length of the target)
Tennis (either make serves, or return balls from a machine)
Hockey (score a goal against a cutout goalie that was moved back and forth)
Pool (make one or two shots from a predetermined layout of balls)
Bowling (converting a split of some sort)
The winning team (or both teams if the game ended in a tie, although none did) played a "grand slam" event for $15,000 in prizes, although that included a $11,000 52-day Mediterranean cruise that pretty much nobody kept; both the contestant and the athlete attempted it, and the contestant won if either of them succeeded.  IIRC, three contestants won, two of them not only winning on the same stunt (making an 8-ball on the spot into a called pocket with the cue ball on the break line) but doing it themselves and not needing the athlete's help.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2017, 05:24:32 PM »
In Flint, Mi it was on Saturday afternoon, not always at the same time depending on whatever live sports were on.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.