Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Most recent show with no existing video?  (Read 24493 times)

Bryce L.

Re: Most recent show with no existing video?
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2022, 06:42:02 PM »
How about “Remember This?” from about 1996. It was an MSNBC game show hosted by Al Roker, aired on Saturday nights. It was kinda like “Sports Challenge” but with NBC News clips.

I remember nothing about it, but it appears I have a copy of it on VHS.  1996 is awfully far into the development of home video for somebody somewhere not to have recorded something.
But also, looking at Wikipedia, 1996 is also the same year that MSNBC first launched. Would it necessarily have been on many cable systems from Day 1?

Allstar87

« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2022, 09:30:40 PM »
At least one episode of Remember This circulates. (Might be two, not sure if the episode Chuck Donegan has is the same one or not.) The one I have has Eastern Connecticut squaring off against Villanova...it's never been uploaded online as far as I can see, nor have any other episodes.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2022, 09:48:11 PM »
I recorded three eps of Remember This? back in the day. It’s 50-50 whether I still have the tape (half of my collection has changed hands a couple times; the other half is deep in a closet).
@lambertman

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2022, 02:18:53 PM »
Mine is accessible (the advantage of having storage space at work!).  I'll upload it tomorrow.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2022, 02:54:22 PM »
Remember This is no longer lost!  (At least as far as YouTube is concerned.)  Link in the Video and Audio Clips section.  This seems to be a different episode than you guys were talking about.  And it's not something I recorded, definitely something I picked up in a trade.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.