Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: HQ - live gameshow app for iPhone  (Read 5759 times)

FlashStash

HQ - live gameshow app for iPhone
« on: October 20, 2017, 04:44:59 PM »
The company who created Vine has a new app out for iPhone called HQ.  It's a live game show, played at 3PM and 9PM ET for real cash.  There are 12 questions, and the games I played started out with around 7,000 players.  The questions are multiple choice with 3 answers, 10 seconds to answer.  Miss one and you're out.  Whoever is left after the last question splits $250 (but there have been higher valued games).  The game is basic now, but it's an interesting use of the technology which hopefully they can expand upon.  If you download and want to throw me a bone, my username is FlashStash.

SuperSweeper

Re: HQ - live gameshow app for iPhone
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 04:53:18 PM »
I've been playing since Monday - it's been crazy to see how much the player pool has grown in just a few days. The game I played Monday afternoon had just over 2000 playing; the game this afternoon had just under 7000.

I've gotten 11/12 once; my average is 9. The questions start out easy (the first four are usually gimmes), but ramp up from there. Look for me - I'm DRoll.

jage

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 04:18:26 PM »
Wow this thing has exploded. 600700K per game now, with prizes from $2,000-12,000. Plus Android is coming next week. I wonder if the questions are harder now?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 04:32:17 PM »
Wow this thing has exploded. 600700K per game now, with prizes from $2,000-12,000. Plus Android is coming next week. I wonder if the questions are harder now?
Harder is one way to look at it.
Travis L. Eberle

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 05:38:05 PM »

I worry more about the lagging issues than the android release.

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 06:21:00 PM »
Meanwhile, I'm just patiently awaiting the Android version. Seems like the release date keeps getting pushed back, so maybe they should go ahead and iron out the kinks with the iPhone edition.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 06:24:29 PM »
Meanwhile, I'm just patiently awaiting the Android version. Seems like the release date keeps getting pushed back, so maybe they should go ahead and iron out the kinks with the iPhone edition.

I thought I read the other day it was supposed to drop for Android next week.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 07:12:19 PM »
I'd heard by Christmas, but I did see next week mentioned above, so I suppose just keep fingers crossed. I've been wanting to check this out. :)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 07:16:49 PM »
I'd heard by Christmas, but I did see next week mentioned above, so I suppose just keep fingers crossed. I've been wanting to check this out. :)
If you have a friend with an account you could have a go, see if you enjoy it and split any winnings 50/50.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2017, 07:27:46 PM »
Another article I read literally five minutes ago says they are in beta now and shooting for a 1/1 go-live.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

calliaume

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2017, 08:29:13 PM »
I just got it yesterday - it's now up to around 550,000-650,000 players per game.  12 multiple choice questions, always three choices; you miss one question and you're out.  The first three questions are usually pretty easy, then they get harder - it plays a lot like Trivia Crack.  You're better off to have someone looking over your shoulder to help out.  You're not going to make much money anyway (this afternoon's game saw 46 people split the $2,000 pot), but it's not time consuming at all.  It's a pleasant way to spend 15 minutes (or less, if you don't want to stick around after you get knocked out).

jage

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2017, 08:52:35 PM »
APK Mirror posted the beta which is live in Canada. I installed this on my Android and it works.
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/intermedia-labs/hq-trivia/hq-trivia-0-9-1-release/hq-trivia-0-9-1-android-apk-download/

BrandonFG

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2017, 10:47:53 PM »
APK Mirror posted the beta which is live in Canada. I installed this on my Android and it works.
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/intermedia-labs/hq-trivia/hq-trivia-0-9-1-release/hq-trivia-0-9-1-android-apk-download/
I was able to download it and get into (or at least watch) the 9:00 game. Thanks!

Kevin Prather

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2017, 12:45:02 PM »
The daily prize is usually in the $5-20 range, but there has been one solo winner for $1500. The Sunday winners usually pull down at least $100. Last Sunday the $12,000 jackpot went two ways for $6000 each.

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2017, 04:41:21 AM »
I don't have it on my Android phone yet. What's to stop someone from sitting next to their computer and Googling all the answers? Too short of a time frame to answer?