Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR Questions  (Read 2954 times)

yo-11-yo

TPiR Questions
« on: January 29, 2004, 08:08:39 AM »
Hi guys and gals!

I'm making my first ever trip to California on Saturday.  I have tickets to both tapings on Monday, February 2.  What I want to know is:

1.  I know that processing begins at 6:00 AM, but how early should I actually get to CBS?

2.  Is it likely that I would actually get to attend both tapings?

3.  Any tips on getting called to "COME ON DOWN!"

Thanks folks!

zachhoran

TPiR Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 08:37:16 AM »
[quote name=\'yo-11-yo\' date=\'Jan 29 2004, 08:08 AM\'] Hi guys and gals!

I'm making my first ever trip to California on Saturday.  I have tickets to both tapings on Monday, February 2.  What I want to know is:

1.  I know that processing begins at 6:00 AM, but how early should I actually get to CBS?

2.  Is it likely that I would actually get to attend both tapings?

3.  Any tips on getting called to "COME ON DOWN!"

Thanks folks! [/quote]
1. Arrive by 4-5AM would seem to be a good idea, judging from what people have posted on this topic over the years. Some people arrive the night before I think.

2. The odds are better when you have tickets for both tapings, though having a ticket does not guarantee admission into the studio.

3. They're looking for enthusiastic people, and we'd like to think they're looking for people who are somewhat familiar with the show. However, Phil Rossi's leaving the TPIR staff means Roger shares contestant coordinating duties with Jeff Thisted and Vanessa Voss(I suspect that duo are closer in age to the college and active military folks that seem to be populating TPIR a lot in recent years). They may have different ideas on what makes a good TPIR contestant than Phil did.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2004, 10:51:30 AM by zachhoran »

Pyramid80

TPiR Questions
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 09:41:26 AM »
I am planning a trip in the upcoming months to TPIR.  I was unaware that you could get tickets to 2 tapings on the same day.  Is this something that you specially request?

cmjb13

TPiR Questions
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 10:17:42 AM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Jan 29 2004, 09:41 AM\'] I am planning a trip in the upcoming months to TPIR.  I was unaware that you could get tickets to 2 tapings on the same day.  Is this something that you specially request? [/quote]
 You can request them, but by the time the first show is over, you won't have time to attend the 2nd show unless the announcer will say there are some extra seats for the next taping.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

ClockGameJohn

TPiR Questions
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2004, 01:38:29 PM »
Zach,

I was under the impression Sylvia Clements-Henry was the second contestant coordinator.  Do you have information on Vanessa Voss?

yo-11-yo

TPiR Questions
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2004, 02:30:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Jan 29 2004, 08:41 AM\']I am planning a trip in the upcoming months to TPIR.  I was unaware that you could get tickets to 2 tapings on the same day.  Is this something that you specially request?[/quote]
Actually, I got the tickets online.  Very fast, very painless.  You can get them at www.cbs.com/daytime/price/tickets

I tried writing for tickets, but as of yesterday, I had gotten no response.  So, I tried online and luckily tickets were available.  If you know when you'll be in LA, I recommend getting your tickets online and getting them NOW!  From what I saw, they go pretty fast.

SplitSecond

TPiR Questions
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2004, 02:32:02 PM »
Vanessa is a prize booker for the show and generally doesn't work in the studio.  Perhaps Zach just drew the wrong name out of the "Program Staff" hat.

zachhoran

TPiR Questions
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2004, 07:40:08 PM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'Jan 29 2004, 01:38 PM\'] Zach,

I was under the impression Sylvia Clements-Henry was the second contestant coordinator.  Do you have information on Vanessa Voss? [/quote]
 I was trying to remember the two names of the staffers who we discussed would be replacing Phil Rossi in the contestant-picking department.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
TPiR Questions
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2004, 09:40:28 PM »
[quote name=\'yo-11-yo\' date=\'Jan 29 2004, 08:08 AM\']2.  Is it likely that I would actually get to attend both tapings?[/quote]
A bit of clarification might be in order here.

Even if you have tickets for both Monday tapings, you cannot receive priority numbers for both tapings. You have to choose only one taping to go to. If you want to even have a chance to see both tapings, obviously, you should have your tickets for the earlier taping numbered.

If there aren't enough people in the audience for the second taping, they'll know it while the first taping is taking place. So before the audience is dismissed from the first taping, an announcement will be made telling them that seats are available for the second taping. If that's the case, then when it's time to leave, you rush out the door, knocking over anybody who may be in your way, and quickly get in a special line. After all of the standby ticket holders are counted, they'll give contestant numbers to as many first-taping people as they can squeeze in.

Shameless plug: I'm working on a "So you're going to TPiR" report for golden-road.net, detailing everything that happens to potential contestants. It's still in draft form, but if you're interested in reading it, it's currently at http://www.geocities.com/mstiescott/tpirday.html . Any comments/corrections are welcome!

--
Scott Robinson

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
TPiR Questions
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2004, 10:59:26 PM »
[quote name=\'MSTieScott\' date=\'Jan 29 2004, 08:40 PM\'] Shameless plug: I'm working on a "So you're going to TPiR" report for golden-road.net, detailing everything that happens to potential contestants. It's still in draft form, but if you're interested in reading it, it's currently at http://www.geocities.com/mstiescott/tpirday.html . Any comments/corrections are welcome!
 [/quote]
 Thank you for that, Scott.  I'm planning to make a visit to L.A. as well to attend a taping or two this summer--your guide will come in handy (along with other pertinent info I've received from some other people on this board, which I really appreciate as well).

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

yo-11-yo

TPiR Questions
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2004, 11:40:31 PM »
[quote name=\'MSTieScott\' date=\'Jan 29 2004, 08:40 PM\'] Shameless plug: I'm working on a "So you're going to TPiR" report for golden-road.net, detailing everything that happens to potential contestants. It's still in draft form, but if you're interested in reading it, it's currently at http://www.geocities.com/mstiescott/tpirday.html . Any comments/corrections are welcome! [/quote]
 Thanks Scott!  That page answered all my questions and then some.  Excellent work!