Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Alice Conkright's run in a MySQL database  (Read 4570 times)

SweepingDeveloper

Alice Conkright's run in a MySQL database
« on: October 08, 2017, 08:34:41 PM »
For those of you who read my previous post on Binge Watching, here's a little bit of the fruit of my labor.  I'm calling it the Game Show Accounting Department.  Yes, the pun is deliberate.

http://www.thesweepingdeveloper.com/accounting_dept.php (New URL to match the color scheme for the rest of the site, can't seem to update the nav bar though.  Hmm...)

I'm still experimenting with it, but enjoy the list of contestants that appeared during Alice Conkright's run on Sale of the Century, as well as the prizes they've won on Sale and other game shows.

Any questions, comments, or suggestions?

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 02:37:26 PM by SweepingDeveloper »
--The Sweeping Developer
www.thesweepingdeveloper.com

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Alice Conkright's run in a MySQL database
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 10:14:17 PM »
Thank you for describing the pun--it went completely over my head. Some time ago I was watching every episode of the nighttime run and got to Michael's run. I made a note of everything he won and when you're on that long and spending up in the gift shop the list can get long. It would be interesting to compare notes of all of the big winners and what they won aside from their backroom bonanza. (I think John won about twenty grand in the front game, for example.)
Travis L. Eberle

Allstar87

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 09:02:47 AM »
Very nice work! :) I do have one addition.

Peter's last name is DeVries. He was also on Tic Tac Dough in 1978; his first name was spelled Pieter there. Safe to say he did a little better on TTD, his final tally there was $124,100. He returned for a 1983 Tournament of Champions, but was eliminated early, winning $1,000 for the Christian Children's Fund.

A couple scattered episodes of his TTD run, including his last episode, are on YouTube.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 09:31:22 AM »
So she knocked off an early TTD big winner and a Jeopardy big winner along the way? How ya like that. :)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

SweepingDeveloper

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 01:02:12 PM »
Very nice work! :) I do have one addition.

Peter's last name is DeVries. He was also on Tic Tac Dough in 1978; his first name was spelled Pieter there. Safe to say he did a little better on TTD, his final tally there was $124,100. He returned for a 1983 Tournament of Champions, but was eliminated early, winning $1,000 for the Christian Children's Fund.

A couple scattered episodes of his TTD run, including his last episode, are on YouTube.

Thanks for the info!  I'll have to watch them and update the list.
--The Sweeping Developer

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 02:30:24 PM »
Nice work on the list. Thank you!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

SweepingDeveloper

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 02:39:01 PM »
No problem.  I should actually thank those who uploaded the shows on YouTube.  That's the next thing I need to work on, citing my sources.

Here's a starter list:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM9rQJAM0qM
www.j-archive.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXpRZaEX3kg
--The Sweeping Developer

alexb1186

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2020, 02:50:46 PM »
So she knocked off an early TTD big winner and a Jeopardy big winner along the way? How ya like that. :)

And ironically Alice was a big TTD winner herself with over $50k won under her belt.  I have an article saved from the Tempe newspaper about her run.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2020, 06:08:46 PM »

Who was the J! Contestant?

Long live Jeopardy!

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2020, 06:30:31 PM »

Kevin Prather

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2020, 07:11:10 PM »
And ironically coincidentally Alice was a big TTD winner herself with over $50k won under her belt.

FTFY.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2020, 08:01:54 PM »
Dear OP:

Your link is dead. If you're still with us, could you please update it if possible.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022