Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Favorite Monty memories  (Read 2070 times)

Sonic Whammy

Favorite Monty memories
« on: October 06, 2017, 05:47:35 PM »

Yes, we're doing a podcast tonight on Monty's career & legacy. You're all welcome to watch, as always.

But regardless, I'm interested to know what everyone's favorite Monty moment was in all of the shows he did, or what you felt the most interesting aspect of his career was.
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

BrandonFG

Re: Favorite Monty memories
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 06:02:30 PM »
One that always stood out was a story he told on the 70s version. Someone won a trip during the Big Deal, and he remembered a contestant who won a trip anywhere in the U.S.

The contestant said she was going to see her family in my hometown of Norfolk, Va., giving the audience a big laugh.

I always wanted to meet Monty and tell him that story...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

SuperMatch93

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 06:13:26 PM »
Probably the "For $100, show me another nipple!" quickie deal moment.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

TimK2003

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 06:34:14 PM »
My favorite was his Zonk-Free show which was the last 70s syndicated episode to tape when they were at the MGM Grand.

johnnya2k3

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 10:19:51 AM »
My favorite was his Zonk-Free show which was the last 70s syndicated episode to tape when they were at the MGM Grand Las Vegas Hilton.
Fixed it for you.