Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GS in general headsup (10/2)  (Read 1973 times)

brianhenke

GS in general headsup (10/2)
« on: October 02, 2017, 07:11:45 PM »
   NBC and ABC are airing expanded editions of their newscasts tonight due to coverage of the massacre in Las Vegas. (I don't know about CBS because WKRC is airing a Cincinnati mayoral debate).

That means game shows (in the Eastern and Central time zones, at least) are being pre-empted, moved to digital subchannels or shown in another time slot.

Brian
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

WhammyPower

Re: GS in general headsup (10/2)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 07:18:40 PM »
(I don't know about CBS because WKRC is airing a Cincinnati mayoral debate).
At the end of the first half-hour of CBS Evening News, the anchor implied the extra half-hour was optional.  Fortunately, my affiliate decided to not participate (probably because they participated in the earlier optional pre-emption during LMAD).

brianhenke

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 08:41:35 PM »
  Also:

WXIX in Cincinnati aired WOF and J! without any sound, making it difficult for those without Closed Captioning to follow along (particularly J!). The problem is still going on as I type.

Brian

Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

aaron sica

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 10:27:30 PM »
  Also:

WXIX in Cincinnati aired WOF and J! without any sound, making it difficult for those without Closed Captioning to follow along (particularly J!). The problem is still going on as I type.

Brian

Why would anyone outside of Cincinnati care?

TimK2003

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 12:20:16 AM »
  Also:

Brian

Time for a Cincinnatian class-action lawsuit!  Maybe Cincinnati's morning radio team of Bob Goen and Marianne Curan will help support your cause, cause ya' know, it was Bob's old show!!!  Give 'em a call tomorrow morning and let us know what you find out on the thread here!