Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR episodes on Amazon  (Read 36606 times)

chad1m

Re: BUZZR episodes on Amazon
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2018, 01:20:20 PM »
I haven't seen them in the system myself, but this afternoon, BUZZR announced that the 1986 Strike It Rich - a show I didn't even know was under their umbrella - will be streaming on Amazon.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2018, 02:59:27 PM »
I haven't seen them in the system myself, but this afternoon, BUZZR announced that the 1986 Strike It Rich - a show I didn't even know was under their umbrella - will be streaming on Amazon.

Well this one certainly comes out of left field. Loved this show, glad it's seeing light of day again!

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2018, 03:52:05 PM »

Wow.

Some Wiki-research shows that the British adaptation was produced by Thames (edit: the late 90s reboot was produced by Grundy/Fremantle outright). I wonder if the worldwide format rights were eventually acquired by Fremantle through their purchase of Thames' assets.

TimK2003

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2018, 04:09:32 PM »
That could open the door to other K&F shows.  IIRC, Third Degree and Vicki's Win Lose or Draw on NBC has never been seen in reruns either. 

Joker's Wild (the game of definitions) has been rerun on cable.  Did Break the Bank? And what versions of WLOD outside on Convy's brief run on GSN were rerun?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2018, 04:28:09 PM »
That could open the door to other K&F shows.  IIRC, Third Degree and Vicki's Win Lose or Draw on NBC has never been seen in reruns either. 

Joker's Wild (the game of definitions) has been rerun on cable.  Did Break the Bank? And what versions of WLOD outside on Convy's brief run on GSN were rerun?
Well, in some of the examples you cited, there might be a cross ownership problem.  Bert & Burt had a hand in both the shows you mentioned, IIRC.

Break the Bank aired on CBN.   I think only Convy syndicated episodes were reran; no Weller either.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

snowpeck

« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2018, 04:43:09 PM »

Well, in some of the examples you cited, there might be a cross ownership problem.  Bert & Burt had a hand in both the shows you mentioned, IIRC.

Break the Bank aired on CBN.   I think only Convy syndicated episodes were reran; no Weller either.

When GSN ran WLOD, they acquired it from Buena Vista/Disney, so they probably still own it.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

BrandonFG

« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2018, 04:51:08 PM »
Win, Lose, or Draw aired on USA in the early-90s, but I think they aired Weller episodes too. I definitely remember seeing episodes with the $5,000 bonus round.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TimK2003

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2018, 06:19:03 PM »

I forgot that Disney and Burt & Bert had a hand in those.  I assume Pictionary reruns are not wholly owned by K & F either in that regard.

golden-road

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2018, 06:45:21 PM »
I think Pictionary is owned by NBC for the 1989 version and CBS for the Thicke version.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2018, 07:36:43 PM »
When GSN ran WLOD, they acquired it from Buena Vista/Disney, so they probably still own it.

Disney did a version of WLOD a few years ago, so I'd definitely say they still own it.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Sodboy13

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2018, 07:50:20 PM »
Don't know if this is new or a recurring thing, but I happened to flip over to Buzzr, and their entire 7:00pm ET hour has been informercials for a child cleft lip repair charity.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

snowpeck

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2018, 10:52:12 PM »
Don't know if this is new or a recurring thing, but I happened to flip over to Buzzr, and their entire 7:00pm ET hour has been informercials for a child cleft lip repair charity.
That's been happening on Saturday evening from time to time.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

tvmitch

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2018, 07:52:23 AM »
For what it's worth, I thought I'd check to see if these eps were live on Prime this morning. Not yet. No bandit no bandit no bandit
You should follow me on Twitter

Trisscope

« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2019, 11:03:53 AM »
Strike It Rich is on Amazon Prime now. 19 episodes throughout its run. It's not all continuous.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2019, 03:23:35 PM »
The surprise in the set is the 19th episode listed, which appears to be an earlier taped show with different rules. The couples automatically see each prize, and then try to stop the Bandit, which moves sequentially through each active monitor, with a slap of the button. Charlie O is on the mic, the bandit has no laugh, and his simple design looks like it would be more at home in a game of Berzerk than it does here. In the bonus, the payoffs were $1,000 for 3 dollar signs, $2,000 for 4, a new car for 5 and a pair of new cars for 6.

I hasten to say pilot, because Broadcasting & Cable had pictures & artist renderings of a pilot with three arches, three couples, and money scoring.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck