Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR episodes on Amazon  (Read 36609 times)

Matt Ottinger

Re: BUZZR episodes on Amazon
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2017, 07:32:03 PM »
Speaking of which, do the streaming WML? episodes have their commercials intact like they do on Buzzr?

Yep, as do the streaming IGAS episodes.

Wait a sec -- there ARE at least some streaming IGAS?  That's not in the press release in the OP.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

trainman

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2017, 09:39:42 PM »
Wait a sec -- there ARE at least some streaming IGAS?  That's not in the press release in the OP.

Yep, 20 episodes from 1961. See if this link works for you.

trainman is a man of trains

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2017, 10:50:25 PM »
Yep, 20 episodes from 1961. See if this link works for you.

Nifty, but also vaguely disappointing as it specifically relates to my original point.  You see, 1961 was one of those years where Winston was a regular alternating sponsor (at least through September or so).  However, these 20 episodes have obviously been carefully curated so as to avoid using the Winston ones.  Again, I totally understand this as a financial decision.  Since these episodes are the same ones that they transferred for the purpose of airing on television, it makes sense that they wouldn't have used the Winston ones.  It also happens that most (if not all) of the Winston ones from this era DID air on GSN at one point or another so they're not the ones I was talking about as truly "lost" anyway.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

snowpeck

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2017, 12:45:54 AM »
I have no idea why they left IGAS out of the press release, but it did get mentioned earlier in the thread.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2017, 04:41:59 AM »
You know, it seems like years and years ago we talked about this being the ultimate dream scenario.  Shows available online to watch whenever you wanted.

And I completely poo-poo'd the possibility. Someone pass me the crow sauce, please?
I thought this is what happened after a bowl of gazpacho.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

aaron sica

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2017, 02:16:22 AM »
Insomnia took me to Amazon to look for their old offerings, and I found something interesting with a few more game show gems - "Watch Around The Clock". Each "episode" is 6 hours, and there are 4 of them, for 24 hours to "watch around the clock". It looks like this was a DVD offering as well, but Amazon's got both the B&W and color. Episode 2 is "Daytime Variety", with the description saying "Say the secret word... FUN! Play along with classic trivia, stunts and challenges from iconic TV game shows including The Price is Right, What's My Line and Twenty-One". They look to be peppered with old commercials as well.

Unfortunately, the color "Daytime Favorites" includes no game shows.

tpirfan28

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2017, 05:47:14 PM »
Tangently related...Celebrity Bowling is up too.  Season 2 episode 3 is Michael Cole and Tige Andrews versus Simon Oakland and Jan Murray, Cole/Andrews bowl a 266.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

tvmitch

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2017, 06:40:32 AM »
If Buzzr is mentioning Supermarket Sweep in the press release for Amazon Video, I wonder the chances for reruns to show up on Buzzr OTA in the future.
You should follow me on Twitter

snowpeck

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2018, 04:51:13 PM »
For anyone interested, they've added 20 more episodes each of Match Game 75, What's My Line and Super Password on Amazon Prime.
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

aaron sica

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2018, 07:22:07 PM »
For anyone interested, they've added 20 more episodes each of Match Game 75, What's My Line and Super Password on Amazon Prime.

Hopefully that means 20 more episodes each of some of other shows aren't far behind as well.

snowpeck

« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2018, 04:46:33 PM »
They just added a selection of episodes of Supermarket Sweep from 2000 (the first PAX season): http://a.co/3lFCUkg

Sodboy13

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2018, 01:17:59 AM »
Weird Pyramid rip-off aside, it's interesting to see the small evolutions from 1991 to 2000. It feels like a more complete game here, even though it's just some small additions and modifications.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2018, 11:42:42 AM »
How so? I agree that it's light-years removed from those early episodes in 1990, but it's still people running around and chucking stuff into grocery carts. It's certainly a more polished final product.
Travis L. Eberle

Sodboy13

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2018, 10:35:46 PM »
Sorry, I think what I meant was "more complete show." I do like how the bonus task stations help to flesh out the "store" and create more decisions for how a player should manage their time other than "toss them hams."
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

PPatters

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2018, 08:19:02 PM »
Perhaps someone mentioned this, but they’ve added Match Game ‘73 (including pilot) to Amazon Video.
Patrick