Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR episodes on Amazon  (Read 36622 times)

snowpeck

Re: BUZZR episodes on Amazon
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2017, 02:01:04 PM »
Buzzr sent out a news release this afternoon about the Amazon Prime offerings, saying to expect more shows soon, including Supermarket Sweep!

Hello -

Ever feel nostalgic for game shows you grew up watching? Well, you’re in luck!

Starting today, BUZZR, FremantleMedia’s retro game show network, is bringing nearly 20 Vintage Game Show titles to Amazon Prime Video through Amazon Video Direct (AVD).  Some of the popular retro titles that BUZZR has brought to Amazon include Press Your Luck, Family Feud, Match Game, Super Password, and What’s My Line?, among others. In addition, FremantleMedia will be bringing classic episodes of fan-favorite Supermarket Sweep, which originally launched in 1965, to Prime Video in the near future.

Please see below for a full list of BUZZR’s retro game show titles now available for the first time on Prime Video.

Vintage Game Show Titles Available on Prime Video

●       Beat The Clock

●       Blockbusters

●       Body Language 

●       Card Sharks

●       Card Sharks

●       Child’s Play

●       Double Dare *Note, not the Nickelodeon version

●       Family Feud – Hosted by Richard Dawson

●       Family Feud – Hosted by Ray Combs

●       Family Feud – Hosted by Louie Anderson

●       Match Game - 1975

●       Match Game  -  1978

●       Password Plus

●       Press Your Luck

●       Super Password

●       Tattletales

●       What’s My Line?

About Amazon Video Direct
Amazon Video Direct is an enhancement to Amazon Video. It is a self-service program for studios, distributors and content creators to make their video content available to Amazon customers, including tens of millions of Prime members. With AVD, video providers have flexible self-service options for distributing their content:

Included in Prime Video at no additional charge to tens of millions of Prime members
Available as an add-on subscription to Prime Video
Offered as a one-time rental price or a one-time purchase price
Available to all Amazon customers on an ad-supported basis

About BUZZR
BUZZR is a pop culture time capsule – an unending celebration where viewers can play along to some of FremantleMedia North America’s vast portfolio of more than 40,000 iconic game show episodes, which are shown around the clock. Featured titles include Family Feud, where you won’t want to miss the outrageously fun Richard Dawson kissing every female contestant; What’s My Line, featuring cultural icons becoming time-stamped contestants/panelists like a 29-year-old whip-smart Betty White and a young Muhammad Ali; as well as famed titles To Tell the Truth, Match Game, Password, Beat the Clock, Blockbusters and Card Sharks.  Visit the website at http://buzzrplay.com.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 02:37:45 PM by snowpeck »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2017, 06:05:58 PM »
My first post in a while, a response to the prior post's press release:

Holyyyyyyyyy Sh*********t!

Ok that's all.

brianhenke

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2017, 06:06:31 PM »
From the Buzzrplus+ account on Facebook:

--
Fremantle Media released/published/debuted/licensed 100 episodes of five classic game shows available for Amazon Prime members to stream, free. The five shows are Match Game '75 and Family Feud (1980), along with Card Sharks (1978), Tattletales (1974), and Press Your Luck (1984)
--

Amazon's description of PYL

"Press Your Luck 84 - Episode 81 Three players use spins on a wheel to collect cash and prizes while trying to avoid the 'Whammy' who bankrupts a player. (original airdate 1/12/1984)"

I (or anyone else who's ever watched it) never knew PYL contestants spun a wheel!

Brian
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

BrandonFG

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2017, 06:51:24 PM »
In addition, FremantleMedia will be bringing classic episodes of fan-favorite Supermarket Sweep, which originally launched in 1965, to Prime Video in the near future.
https://media.giphy.com/media/l3q2K5jinAlChoCLS/giphy.gif
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

aaron sica

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2017, 07:20:52 PM »
I (or anyone else who's ever watched it) never knew PYL contestants spun a wheel!

Sadly, that's not the first time I've seen it described with a wheel.

tvmitch

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2017, 07:28:18 PM »
There is a handy link in Buzzr’s Facebook post that is a quick way to access these shows. I think someone posted a link earlier but this one is different.

www.amazon.com/gameshows
You should follow me on Twitter

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2017, 08:42:08 PM »
There is a handy link in Buzzr’s Facebook post that is a quick way to access these shows. I think someone posted a link earlier but this one is different.

www.amazon.com/gameshows

Ooh, that is handy, considering nobody thought to add "Buzzr" as a keyword to the regular searches. Which, you know, would have made sense for about 62 logistical and promotional reasons.

Thank you sir!
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tvmitch

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2017, 08:46:26 PM »

www.amazon.com/gameshows

Ooh, that is handy, considering nobody thought to add "Buzzr" as a keyword to the regular searches. Which, you know, would have made sense for about 62 logistical and promotional reasons.

Thank you sir!
You're welcome. I thought it interesting that Amazon granted them a top-level directory for this - serious stuff.
You should follow me on Twitter

clemon79

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2017, 09:10:11 PM »
You're welcome. I thought it interesting that Amazon granted them a top-level directory for this - serious stuff.

Probably not that serious; that's likely just how Amazon's keyword / redirect system works. The only real notable thing is that the keyword "gameshows" was available, and in all honestly is that really all THAT surprising? If you want their collection of game show books you just search on "Adam Nedeff." :D

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2017, 07:36:45 AM »
Coincidentally, I was offered another free 30-day trial on Amazon Prime upon logging in this morning, so I greatly appreciate the heads up.

I was not aware that two of the P+ blooper clips shown frequently were from the premiere.  Lots of fun right out of the gate!
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2017, 11:04:07 AM »
You know, it seems like years and years ago we talked about this being the ultimate dream scenario.  Shows available online to watch whenever you wanted.  And while I completely realize this is a commercial venture and not "give the weird collectors what they want", there's an opportunity here that no one's mentioned yet, mostly because there probably aren't many of us left who care. 

I'm convinced that there are many, perhaps dozens, of I've Got A Secret episodes that GSN never aired because of the cigarette sponsorship.  Yes, they aired a bunch over the years, but I don't think they ran nearly all that they had.  And unlike anything else they're offering on Amazon, these would be shows that have never been seen since their original airings in the fifties and sixties.  In the case of What's My Line?, every single episode that exists (including some Fremantle doesn't even have their own copy of) is available on a massive YouTube channel.  Yet there's still some IGAS that haven't been seen at all.   I know it's probably expensive, perhaps prohibitively so, but who wouldn't want to see some lost Cullen stuff?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Allstar87

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2017, 11:35:32 AM »
I remember proposing exactly this about two years ago, but was told that it wouldn't be worth the cost/possible backlash. Probably true back then, but things have certainly changed a lot in the past few years. The Amazon Prime videos and Take A Good Look DVD set show that there is interest. I'd think that the idea is much more viable now, and would definitely support it if it were to come about.

clemon79

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2017, 11:37:12 AM »
You know, it seems like years and years ago we talked about this being the ultimate dream scenario.  Shows available online to watch whenever you wanted.

And I completely poo-poo'd the possibility. Someone pass me the crow sauce, please?

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2017, 04:13:47 PM »
I remember proposing exactly this about two years ago, but was told that it wouldn't be worth the cost/possible backlash.

I definitely see cost being an issue, especially given how little of their catalog they've transferred.  This would have to be a specific choice for no other reason than the shows have never been seen, and I'm not sure that's justifiable.  But I really can't believe there would be a "backlash" issue for shows that are distributed this way as opposed to being televised.  I've seen no complaints about the Dutch Masters ads all over the Take a Good Look collection.  In fact, they're considered a highlight!

Speaking of which, do the streaming WML? episodes have their commercials intact like they do on Buzzr?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

snowpeck

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2017, 04:50:55 PM »
Speaking of which, do the streaming WML? episodes have their commercials intact like they do on Buzzr?

Yep, as do the streaming IGAS episodes.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)