Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The new GSN schedule effective March 15th...  (Read 23833 times)

Ian Wallis

The new GSN schedule effective March 15th...
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2004, 10:39:17 AM »
Just a hunch: I think we'll see the '87-'88 season next, based on the way things have been going (first it was '89-'90, now '88-'89) and the fact that GSN never aired that season.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the same season (88-89) for quite a while.  It's been reported there's some sort of problem with them getting other seasons - whether it's GSN that doesn't want to pay the money for licensing them, or that Sony doesn't want to let GSN air them.

Things were so much simpler before Liberty Media bought 50% of GSN - back then they could air just about anything they wanted - whenever they wanted.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

BrandonFG

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2004, 12:42:39 PM »
[quote name=\'nbuckler14\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 01:30 AM\'] [quote name=\'litpdwi16\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 06:26 PM\'] I don't know about you, but I'd rather see episodes of Wheel of Fortune with Chuck Woolery.

Either that, or episodes from the 91-92 season and later. [/quote]
I read somewhere that NBC destroyed all of the Woolery eps.

Personally I'd like to see the 93/94 season where they used that Big Golden Light puzzleboard, if no one knows what I'm talking about go here and there's a picture of it with Vanna in front of it http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowM...et/showid-4413/  I really wanna see that season again, after all I was only 5/6 when that season aired. [/quote]
 You're off by a year...that board was used during the 94-95 season, when they switched to the Big Band theme. Why they didn't keep that board (at least up until the all electronic one) is beyond me.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »
Speaking of the Big Band theme, used from 94-97, that theme was VERY ANNOYING!

bradhig

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2004, 02:55:52 PM »
Did GSN lose the rights to the Barry Enright shows like TTD and TJW?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2004, 03:01:06 PM »
[quote name=\'bradhig\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 02:55 PM\'] Did GSN lose the rights to the Barry Enright shows like TTD and TJW? [/quote]
 No--they recently aired some B&E shows in November; GSN has simply chosen not to place them on the schedule.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

1978-Jeopardy

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2004, 05:12:58 PM »
Just a hunch: I think we'll see the '87-'88 season next, based on the way things have been going (first it was '89-'90, now '88-'89) and the fact that GSN never aired that season. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see the same season (88-89) for quite a while. It's been reported there's some sort of problem with them getting other seasons - whether it's GSN that doesn't want to pay the money for licensing them, or that Sony doesn't want to let GSN air them.

Things were so much simpler before Liberty Media bought 50% of GSN - back then they could air just about anything they wanted - whenever they wanted.

What, exactly, can't they air now that they could air before?

ilb4ever2000

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2004, 05:30:50 PM »
What, exactly, can't they air now that they could air before?

Since Liberty bought half of GSN, they have to lease shows from Sony just like any other show (which wasn't necessarily the case before that).

nbuckler14

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2004, 07:33:25 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 12:42 PM\'] You're off by a year...that board was used during the 94-95 season, when they switched to the Big Band theme. Why they didn't keep that board (at least up until the all electronic one) is beyond me. [/quote]
 well did they switch to the Big Band theme during the middle of the season?
cause I remember they used Changing Keys and all the lights on the board "moved" (if you will) and later on when they switched to the Big Band theme, only the little lights moved.  I don't know why I remember things like this but I do.
Nick Buckler, COME ON DOWN! You are the next poster on The Game Show Forum!

BrandonFG

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2004, 07:53:02 PM »
well did they switch to the Big Band theme during the middle of the season?
cause I remember they used Changing Keys and all the lights on the board "moved" (if you will) and later on when they switched to the Big Band theme, only the little lights moved. I don't know why I remember things like this but I do.

AFAIK, the Big Band theme was used from the start of the 94-95 season, up until the 1997 season. However, I have a Wheel CD-ROM game from c. 1994, and that actually used the 1992 theme, but had the 1994-95 puzzleboard.  Despite that, I still don't think they ever used Changing Keys 92 with the 94 board.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

nbuckler14

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2004, 09:45:32 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 07:53 PM\'] AFAIK, the Big Band theme was used from the start of the 94-95 season, up until the 1997 season. However, I have a Wheel CD-ROM game from c. 1994, and that actually used the 1992 theme, but had the 1994-95 puzzleboard.  Despite that, I still don't think they ever used Changing Keys 92 with the 94 board. [/quote]
 Ok I've been doing some serious thinking and I now remember something that should settle this.......they used it for 2 seasons, 93/94, and 94/95......cause I remember....my neice was born in 1993 and when my mom and I went to see my sister in the hospital, Wheel happened to be on and it happened to be the first show of the season in sept. I remember changing keys theme and when it was time for the first catagory, Pat said, "Ok our first catagory is.......oooooh look at those lights!  Ah who cares about the darn lights!" he was talking about the big lights that blinked or moved or chased or whatever you're supposed to call it. A year later they used the same board except the the big lights didn't even blink, but only the small lights, which looked like jewels, chased.......

BTW, I have a CD-ROM from c. 1993. with the same thing.
Nick Buckler, COME ON DOWN! You are the next poster on The Game Show Forum!

passwordplus

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2004, 08:38:00 PM »
I wouldn't be suprised if the 10pm Feud on Saturday is the first season of Karn. The way GSN likes the get things fresh off the wire(like WL for example, not more than a few months off the air in originals), it wouldn't surprise me.

CaseyAbell

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2004, 09:40:59 AM »
Anything's possible, but I haven't heard that GSN acquired the license for any of the Karn shows. Supposedly, the Saturday night hour will be those old Dawson All-Star specials.

Speaking of the Karn shows, did anyone notice the 3.3 rating for the latest week? Isn't this a new high for the Karn Feud?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 09:43:36 AM by CaseyAbell »

Esoteric Eric

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2004, 11:46:49 AM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Feb 16 2004, 06:40 AM\']Supposedly, the Saturday night hour will be those old Dawson All-Star specials.[/quote]
I don't want to be a wet blanket, but...

Since the debut of the Games Across America block, GSN's Saturday grid from 9 PM to 3 AM ET / 6 PM to 12 M PT hasn't accurately reflected the start times of the actual game shows.  In fact, the TV Guide Interactive on my system currently shows Greed: The Series as a 90 - minute program on Saturdays to make up for the half hour of GAA spots; since FF is taking over Greed's spot in the GAA rotation, I wouldn't be surprised if FF's listed as an hour - long show for that reason.

Sad to say, there will probably be only one 30 - minute generic FF episode* shown per Saturday night, since GSN will probably continue airing their GAA spots, however inane one may think they are.

(*Hey, could be worse, couldn't it?)

Esoteric Eric; hey, how 'bout if we organize a GSN Dream Schedule competition event?  Think we could get GAA to cover it?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 11:47:59 AM by Esoteric Eric »
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

uncamark

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2004, 12:50:12 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Feb 15 2004, 08:38 PM\']I wouldn't be suprised if the 10pm Feud on Saturday is the first season of Karn. The way GSN likes the get things fresh off the wire(like WL for example, not more than a few months off the air in originals), it wouldn't surprise me.[/quote]
Not while Pax owns the repeat rights to the current version of "Feud."  It could be possible, but not for a few years yet.

Of anything in current syndication (other than the Big Two and "H2," of course), I'd look for GSN to go after "ElimiDate" first if repeats become available.  I know.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2004, 01:07:20 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Feb 16 2004, 12:50 PM\'] I'd look for GSN to go after "ElimiDate" first if repeats become available.  I know. [/quote]
 Fortunately, I think SpikeTV would outbid them.
@lambertman