Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Buzzr Stuff Coming  (Read 21522 times)

BrandonFG

Re: New Buzzr Stuff Coming
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2017, 11:54:42 AM »
Understood on his real name, but I'd still think you use the stage name for the article. I guess mileage may vary here.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Mr. Matté

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2017, 12:17:11 PM »
And I take it that we're still pretending that the whole unfortunate incident with Wordplay never happened?
Apparently.

The more important question, is Wordplay's replacement show airing episodes that includes the banned Match Game eps from GSN (à la the Batman & Robin questions)?

TPIR75

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2017, 12:29:24 PM »
The more important question, is Wordplay's replacement show airing episodes that includes the banned Match Game eps from GSN (à la the Batman & Robin questions)?

Unfortunately, no. Buzzr's MG 73 package skips episodes #7, 19, 31-33, and 49.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2017, 12:29:51 PM »
Understood on his real name, but I'd still think you use the stage name for the article. I guess mileage may vary here.

No, you're correct.  They didn't change it to get it "right" because it was originally his real name.  They got it wrong.  If they had credited the picture as Monte Halparin, then you'd have an argument, but how much sense would that make?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

snowpeck

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2017, 02:55:00 PM »
Another batch of Now You See It episodes starts on October 29th.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

cmjb13

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2017, 04:02:17 PM »
I would love to see them air Now You See It 1989.

Does Fremantle legally have to keep it shelved because Chuck Henry requested that it not be aired?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

JohnXXVII

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2017, 05:24:36 PM »
Have they added any new Richard Dawson Family Feud, 1980 or 1985?

snowpeck

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2017, 06:31:39 PM »

Do you know how far they've gotten in those years? I don't and comparing dates and episode numbers is the only way I can tell.
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

snowpeck

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2017, 08:30:42 AM »
I forgot to mention we're only getting two episodes into Tim Holleran's run on Sale of the Century. We go back to episode #31 (2/18/85) on Monday.

TraderRob

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2017, 12:45:48 AM »

Do you know how far they've gotten in those years? I don't and comparing dates and episode numbers is the only way I can tell.

Family Feud 80 has gotten to 80-151 (Smith vs. Gilich). 85 has aired 40 episodes, the last being Salkeld vs. Eldridge.

Casey Buck

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2017, 01:58:58 AM »
Apparently, Buzzr is now airing the mid-show consolation prize plugs on the newest batch of Match Game 75 episodes.

TPIR75

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2017, 08:54:20 PM »
Took a look at the schedule for Monday, October 30th and there are a few changes coming to the weekday lineup:

Match Game 76 takes over the 4pm hour
Family Feud from 1999 takes over the 6pm hour
Card Sharks with Bill Rafferty replaces Jim Perry at 10pm

Everything else appears to remain as it is. Also of note, on October 31st, Game Changers will re-air at 2pm, and Password Plus reverts back to 01-15-79 with Marcia Wallace and Tony Randall.

Source: http://buzzrplay.com/schedule/schedule_by_date/2017/10/30/America/New_York

Sodboy13

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2017, 09:12:32 PM »
Anderson Feud? Some things should stay buried.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2017, 10:35:27 PM »
Buzzr had been offering a limited selection of Rafferty's CS and Anderson's Feud to station groups who were carrying BUZZR on (at least here) a weekly basis, but from what I've seen the shows were pulled right before the fall season started. This explains that.

Anderson's Feud doesn't really deserve the negative reputation it seems to have earned (I feel the same way about a lot of shows from the 90s and beyond). It's not the greatest version of the show, but taken on it's own it is NOT bad TV. 

Most days Louie was a perfectly fine host - on the occasions when he clearly got emotionally invested in that particular pair of families he could even be an exceptional host in short bursts. But the show looked and sounded different than what had come before, and Louie's energy wasn't always there, and returning champions were gone and the format was weird, and by this point one of the superior prior versions - with Richard - was in constant rotation on GSN (with the other version with Ray came and went sporadically at the time) and I genuinely feel the show wasn't bad so much as it suffered in comparison to it's predecessors.

For my own tastes as a viewer, I find O'Hurley's run to be the best version of the four incarnations of Feud's present two decade run, but none of the four are even remotely terrible, and personally I'd rather sit through Louie's hosting than hearing about the family that DREW FIRST BLOOD (Karn) or watching a host get SHOCKED AND OUTRAGED and make goofy faces at juvenile, stupid and/or risque answers he knows damn well are going to be prompted by those questions. But even those two aren't bad. 

Julius

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2017, 08:48:06 PM »
The episodes on weeknights will be New to Buzzr.

Beat the Clock (Hall) goes in the 8:30pm weeknight slot starting next Monday.

The All-New All-Star Beat The Clock episodes will make their Buzzr debut  on Tuesday 10/24/17
Julius May, Philadelphia PA