Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PLUG: "It's More Than Password: The Life (And Wife) of Allen Ludden"  (Read 4935 times)

Adam Nedeff

New book's out! Here's the Amazon link. E-book coming eventually!

Matt Ottinger

Re: PLUG: "It's More Than Password: The Life (And Wife) of Allen Ludden"
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 05:03:41 PM »
My copy arrived today.  Let me finish up with Jeffrey Tambor's (very good) memoir, and then I'm all yours.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BillCullen1

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 11:42:21 PM »
I saw this just as I saw an episode of Super Password with Betty. I'm definitely getting this. Is  it available at a brick & mortar store like Barnes & Noble?

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 02:07:05 AM »
I saw this just as I saw an episode of Super Password with Betty. I'm definitely getting this. Is  it available at a brick & mortar store like Barnes & Noble?
Not Barnes & Noble. BearManor Media titles generally only end up in mom & pop shops. So if you know a mom & pop, ask if they have a bookstore and go find my book there.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 08:09:01 AM »
According to Amazon, your book, a cat, and a late supper will be waiting for me at home after rehearsal today!
czambo@mac.com

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 11:40:14 AM »
According to Amazon, your book, a cat, and a late supper will be waiting for me at home after rehearsal today!

Aha, so Amazon IS listening in with the Echo....

/I was wondering why jars of kitty snacks keep showing up mysteriously at my door...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Clay Zambo

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 04:14:20 PM »
/I was wondering why jars of kitty snacks keep showing up mysteriously at my door...

So does my cat.
czambo@mac.com

Casey

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 05:46:32 PM »
My copy arrived today!  Can't wait to dive into it.

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 02:40:56 PM »

Bob Zager

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 12:54:41 PM »
Today, December 12, 2017 is the forty-first anniversary of the death of actor Jack Cassidy.  I see in the new Ludden bio, under the episode guide for Stumpers, that Cassidy was listed with Mike Farrell (of M*A*S*H*) as guesting on the show the very week of this tragedy.

Loogaroo

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 04:07:59 PM »
Today, December 12, 2017 is the forty-first anniversary of the death of actor Jack Cassidy.  I see in the new Ludden bio, under the episode guide for Stumpers, that Cassidy was listed with Mike Farrell (of M*A*S*H*) as guesting on the show the very week of this tragedy.

That's... nice?
You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 05:10:03 PM »
I believe that when the episode aired, Ludden did a voiceover mentioning the week taped several weeks in advance.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 05:27:09 PM »
I believe that when the episode aired, Ludden did a voiceover mentioning the week taped several weeks in advance.
Cassidy was supposed to tape "Hollywood Squares" on December 13. Peter Marshall says in his autobiography that he learned Cassidy was dead when he saw a "Squares" staffer crying and the crew was removing Cassidy's nameplate from the square.

BillCullen1

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 02:27:10 PM »
Cassidy was also seen on "Cross Wits" after he died. When it aired in NYC on WNEW TV (Ch. 5) they was an announcement to the equivalent of "Cross Wits is a pre-recorded program. We mourn the untimely passing of Jack Cassidy."

Back to the subject at hand. I know someone is giving me a Amazon gift card for Christmas. Adam will be pleased to know what I plan on using it for.