Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR Home Games 2nd DVD Edition: Secret 'X'  (Read 2582 times)

alfonzos

TPiR Home Games 2nd DVD Edition: Secret 'X'
« on: August 20, 2017, 09:10:32 PM »
I found an open copy of the game at a thrift store the other day. Playing around with it solitaire Secret 'X' was the event. Todd Newton's said to win the contestant had to get three X's in a row vertically, horizontally, or diagonally. Vertically? Is that possible? It would be a risky strategy but it would guarantee a win if the player gave correct responses to both either-or prizes to win more X's.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 10:44:45 PM by alfonzos »
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

SuperMatch93

Re: TPiR Home Games 2nd DVD Edition: Secret 'X'
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 09:32:49 PM »
In the actual show, horizontal vertical doesn't count.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 07:11:26 PM by SuperMatch93 »
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

dale_grass

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 09:48:14 PM »
I assume you two meant to write vertical, not horizontal.

And it's something I've always wondered.  Has this ever been addressed on the show during a playing?  Anybody tried it?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 10:03:04 PM »
I assume you two meant to write vertical, not horizontal.

And it's something I've always wondered.  Has this ever been addressed on the show during a playing?  Anybody tried it?
Per GR, you have to utilize the secret x.  You can make a vertical line and guarantee yourself a loss.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

alfonzos

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 10:46:41 PM »
I meant vertically. The correction has been made. Anyway it has been explained on the series that three-in-a-row must be made across the board horizontally or diagonally.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

Brian44

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 05:31:28 AM »
Anyway it has been explained on the series that three-in-a-row must be made across the board horizontally or diagonally.

But more often than not, Drew merely states it's "played just like tic tac toe" and never makes mention of that rule.

Then again, Bob almost always said Hit Me was "played just like blackjack" when it really wasn't since the contestant would win on a push.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 11:39:57 AM »
Then again, Bob almost always said Hit Me was "played just like blackjack" when it really wasn't since the contestant would win on a push.

Or when Bob threw up his hands and yelled "You win anyhow!"

/wish THAT would happen a little more in Vegas
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

That Don Guy

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 10:30:34 PM »
I meant vertically. The correction has been made. Anyway it has been explained on the series that three-in-a-row must be made across the board horizontally or diagonally.
There was one Barker episode where a contestant tried to put the second X in the same column as the first X.  Bob was just about to announce a "new rule" where you could win vertically, when somebody offstage reminded him that, at the beginning of the game, he specifically says that the three in a row have to be across or diagonally.