Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Gambit" home game (unofficial)  (Read 2840 times)

Adam Nedeff

"Gambit" home game (unofficial)
« on: August 19, 2017, 08:26:52 PM »
This is a project I've been noodling with for a while and thanks to Forum member Daniel Wilson, it's come to fruition. I've put together a "kit" for a homemade home game based on "Gambit," including prize cards, the Gambit Board, the Big Numbers, and best of all, scans of all fifty-two cards from an actual show-used deck. You even have a choice of card backs, the 1972 card back for the card back from the 1990 Bob Eubanks pilot, because why not.

If you have ANY notes or suggestions, I'm all ears. Happy printing, and happy playing.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5993tk6fgvk2f2r/AABHf2k-XSc2MZeJ-f_elDoca?dl=0

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Re: "Gambit" home game (unofficial)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 10:03:49 PM »
Looks great! Happy to help.

Was the decision not to allow teams to freeze when receiving a passed card a style choice? I can recall at least one Las Vegas Gambit where a team chose to freeze after being passed a card. (As such, I've never seen a team choose to freeze instead of doing anything with the cards)

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 10:12:19 PM »
It does seem like a thing where if you don't win the question the control is out of your hands, but there's a huge no man's land between that and "whoever gets the card can freeze" and there's no rest stops along the drive.
Travis L. Eberle

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 10:38:55 PM »
Looks great! Happy to help.

Was the decision not to allow teams to freeze when receiving a passed card a style choice? I can recall at least one Las Vegas Gambit where a team chose to freeze after being passed a card. (As such, I've never seen a team choose to freeze instead of doing anything with the cards)

-Jason
That's a house rule just because I think it plays better that way, but obviously, play it however you want.