Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nighttime Price Is Right Question  (Read 6552 times)

ActualRetailMike

Re: Nighttime Price Is Right Question
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2017, 07:31:09 PM »
I remember exactly once on the nighttime TPiR, Dennis James asked them to stop the clock in the middle of the round.  This was to explain that when he said "higher", they should pick a higher number, and vice-versa.  The contestant was apparently doing the opposite too much.

Not sure if that one had 2 or 3 prizes, though.  I only remember there being two prizes.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2017, 09:44:10 PM »
That's a thought I had the other day. Does Drew ever stop the clock if things are going haywire? I know Bob did it fairly liberally.

Esoteric Eric

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2017, 08:34:51 AM »
Does Drew ever stop the clock if things are going haywire? I know Bob did it fairly liberally.
He might, but I'm recalling a game that was rerun recently that went something like this on the first prize: ...$700 - Higher - $800 - Higher - $900 - LOWER - $1,000 - LOWER - $950...and Drew just kept going. The contestant wasted time zeroing in to the low $900s when the price was in the mid $800s, eventually not winning at all.  Not that Drew did anything wrong, but I did find myself wondering if Bob would've handled it differently.
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2017, 01:32:08 PM »
Does Drew ever stop the clock if things are going haywire? I know Bob did it fairly liberally.
He might, but I'm recalling a game that was rerun recently that went something like this on the first prize: ...$700 - Higher - $800 - Higher - $900 - LOWER - $1,000 - LOWER - $950...and Drew just kept going. The contestant wasted time zeroing in to the low $900s when the price was in the mid $800s, eventually not winning at all.  Not that Drew did anything wrong, but I did find myself wondering if Bob would've handled it differently.

He probably would have, but Drew's the one who did it right -- it's the contestant's responsibility to keep track of what they're doing in Clock Game, not the host's.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2017, 03:56:29 PM »
That's a thought I had the other day. Does Drew ever stop the clock if things are going haywire? I know Bob did it fairly liberally.

Drew actually flubbed up at some point this past season and had the clock operators turn the clock back because of it. Don't think he actually stopped the clock though; just noted it after they finished the first prize and they put six seconds back for the contestant.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.