Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Season Finale thread, 2016-17  (Read 3488 times)

brianhenke

Season Finale thread, 2016-17
« on: June 06, 2017, 04:28:37 PM »
   Here are dates for finales of game shows for the 2016-17 season.

Celebrity Name Game: February 28 (canceled - reruns until September)
  Family Feud: Last month (exact date unknown - can anyone help? it might have been May 25)
  Jeopardy!: July 28
  LMAD: July 10
  Match Game: May 13
  TPIR: July 4 (one episode taped that has no airdate announced, according to CBS - may be S46 premiere)
  WOF: June 9 (this Friday)
  WWTBAM: June 2

Yes, we have summer game shows, but these are for shows (with the exception of CNG) that will be back come fall.

Any others (The games coming this summer don't count?)

Brian

Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Season Finale thread, 2016-17
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 04:29:28 PM »
WWTBAM: June 2
Hooray that it opens up another 10 minutes of free time, boo that the show is over for another year.
Travis L. Eberle

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 07:18:02 PM »
TPIR: July 4 (one episode taped that has no airdate announced, according to CBS - may be S46 premiere)

It's not -- it's the back-to-school show, and it's been scheduled for August 25 for quite a while on PIR.com.

I haven't paid attention to the schedule on CBS.com in years -- it seems to be updated less frequently and is generally more likely to have screw-ups.

brianhenke

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 11:29:22 AM »
 The new TPIR that was scheduled to air today was preempted for former FBI Director Comey's testimony before the Senate.

Brian

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 01:01:43 PM »
The new TPIR that was scheduled to air today was preempted for former FBI Director Comey's testimony before the Senate.

Brian

/farking time zones, how do they work?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 07:28:26 PM »
Far be it from me to defend Henke, but from what I understand, the show that aired in the West today was a rerun from October.

brianhenke

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 12:09:30 PM »
  The new TPIR episode that was supposed to air today got pre-empted in the East Coast due to coverage of the shooting of Rep. Steve Scalise and four others in Alexandria, Virginia. The West Coast will most likely get a rerun.

Brian

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 01:25:30 PM »
How would I know the difference?
Travis L. Eberle

brianhenke

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 02:29:11 PM »
  Bumping this up, but the Back-to-School episode of TPIR scheduled for yesterday was, according to G-R.net and GSNN, preempted for Hurricane Harvey coverage. The West Coast got a rerun.

No new air date has been scheduled.

Brian

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2017, 01:53:08 PM »
  Bumping this up, but the Back-to-School episode of TPIR scheduled for yesterday was, according to G-R.net and GSNN, preempted for Hurricane Harvey coverage. The West Coast got a rerun.

No new air date has been scheduled.

Brian
Not exactly. It wasn't preempted in so much that it just wasn't aired. The Baby Shower special aired in its place in the East as well and based on the show's social media posting that it would air a 1/2 hour before showtime and posting the notable moment from that episode later in the day, it looks like they knew a bit in advance that BTS wasn't airing on Friday.

The speculation isn't so much that they're doing it because of Hurricane Harvey coverage, but moreso that they're doing it because of Hurricane Harvey itself and that perhaps the episode in question features a trip to one of the many affected areas in Texas, like Corpus Christi, Galveston, or Houston (my thought is Houston). I also think it's possible that a trip to Barcelona could've prompted Price to move the show following the terrorist attack there. I suppose all will be revealed in due time. The new season starts on the 18th, so they've got plenty of time to air it before then and even then it looks like there are very minor set changes. So, they could easily slip it in somewhere (after premiere week) soon enough for it to be considered back to school time.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.