Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Record Holder in Alphabetics/Super Password End Game  (Read 3590 times)

calliaume

Record Holder in Alphabetics/Super Password End Game
« on: August 07, 2017, 05:14:38 PM »
We all know Billy Crystal holds the all-time $XXX,000 Pyramid record for the Winner's Circle at 26 seconds.  Does anyone have an idea of who holds the identical record for Password Plus/Super Password for winning the end game?

There's a clip on YouTube from the Kennedy version of Password Plus claiming Joanna Gleason had the record with 31 seconds left on the clock (which would mean 29 seconds).  Did anyone beat that record?

Jay Temple

Re: Record Holder in Alphabetics/Super Password End Game
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 01:01:19 PM »
Take this for what it's worth: If it had happened and the episode was still in playable condition when GSN had it, I surely would have kept it. I don't have such an episode. (I had to look closely, because Bill Cullen held the record before her, but there's an episode where Gene Wood gives credit to someone else.)
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

BillCullen1

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 05:24:56 PM »
Not sure about SP, but I remember Peter Lawford holding the Lightning Round record for the ABC version of Password.

Marc412

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 10:24:43 PM »
Not sure about SP, but I remember Peter Lawford holding the Lightning Round record for the ABC version of Password.
I think that was the '60s CBS version.  Five passwords in 12 seconds.

Eric Paddon

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 10:24:17 AM »
Lawford's record was on the CBS daytime version and the episode he did it is among the lost.     One of the earlier CBS record holders was Dorothy Loudon on the nighttime version and we do have that episode where Allen points to it as a new record.