Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Abc renewals.  (Read 2067 times)

Chuck Sutton

Abc renewals.
« on: August 06, 2017, 01:08:32 PM »
ABC made it official Match Game coming back season 3, Pyramid for season 3, and Celebrity Feud for 4.  To Tell The Truth had already been renewed and will continue on Sundays in fall.

No word on new shows.

TimK2003

Re: Abc renewals.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 05:27:37 PM »
With Pyramid having a brief spot plugging their contestant search website last week, I knew there were more shows on the horizon.  Now to get it into a 5/week syndication or ABC daytime strip.

BillCullen1

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 11:35:06 PM »
When I went to see the show in April, the warm-up guy said "If they want us to go five days a week, we're ready."

The Pyramids

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 07:18:43 PM »
Great. I think this is easily the best version there has been since Dick Clark hosted his last show almost 30 thirty years ago now.

John Davidson was never syndicated here but I found out of his reputation as host long ago.

I regularly watched Donny who was on good enough time slots here and thought it to be a better game show reboot compared to concurrently airing Richard Karn hosted 'Family Feud' at the time. But its weaknesses became more apparent to me during its time spent in reruns on GSN.

GSN's own show from almost exactly five years ago now was easily much closer to 80's 'Pyramid' in look and feel. But still I didn't care that much when a second season never surfaced and I don't think I have ever seen a rerun if it in the time since. And looking back on it now Mike Richards never seemed to want to get himself off the prompter much.