Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: eBay Find: "Lost TV Game Show"  (Read 42265 times)

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Re: eBay Find: "Lost TV Game Show"
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2017, 04:18:52 PM »
I know he's all about getting those delicious views, but come on.
No, I'm not. I personally don't consider views all that important unless it's user-made content, and I don't do that kind of stuff.

Dan, do you ever get sick of apologizing for your poor word choices?
How could I respond to this? How could anyone respond to this if asked?

You prove your incompetence in this area time and time again, but instead of improving, you trot out your self-deprecating apology and move right on to the next faux pas.
How is owning up to my mistakes "self-deprecating"? Even looking at the definition of the term, I really don't understand.

What good is an apology if there's no accompanying action to correct the thing you're apologizing for?
I...

I don't know.

I mean, I thought I was improving myself, but evidently that's not the case if this keeps happening.

In the end, I screwed up. I didn't mean to undermine everyone's efforts with my remarks, but I did so regardless and deeply apologize.

I think...I think I need to just step away from the forum for a week or so. Matt, please let me know if/when I need to send you my share of the costs.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2017, 04:29:27 PM »
Hey, Dan? You say you want to be accepted into our community. We tell you "here's how to be accepted into our community." You then crumple that advice and toss it away, then revert to your old behavior. Whether it is posting to tell the group that you know the airdate of an episode of $10,000 Pyramid, not getting the humor in a video parodying The Towering Inferno, implying that a KS drive should bait-and-switch because "if we told you what we were really planning to do, you wouldn't fund us!", and then there was the whole silliness with the pop culture quiz show where you managed to totally disrespect someone who puts on game shows at conventions and aggressively not get humor.

It's not our responsibility to hold your hand. You can say "I should step away for a while" but to echo Christian's point, (I remember the last time that happened) what good is it if the behavior doesn't change? We have a chunk of our community deciding to be a community together by sharing something fun, and you (for reasons only known to you) poop all over it.

I think you don't understand because deep down you don't want to admit that the reason you're viewed the way you are is your own doing. You have been here for seven years and managed to step on just about every rake in the tool shed, We'll get along without you just fine, but don't kid yourself that you're going to turn over a new leaf and be accepted into the fold.
Travis L. Eberle

rebelwrest

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2017, 05:15:21 PM »
For the sake of this crowdsourcing and since we know the intent of Dan88, can we forbid him from participating in this particular adventure?

This crowdsourcing is based on the trust that Ottinger will get everyone's contribution if we win the bid. If one of us puts it on YouTube then Ottinger runs the risks of some people not paying because they got to see this treasure for free.  The world is full of a**holes that are willing to make a promise then when confronted about breaking it will say "Yeah, so?", and they can get by because there were no rules stipulating that promise.

Dan, because you clearly telegraphed your intentions we do not trust your word.  Also, we have your history here to back it up.

If Dan wants to continue to be part of this crowdsourcing, I say all of us puts together a stipulation that we are not allowed to put this video on a video sharing website within a certain time period.  If one of us does it, they will be banned from the forum and will be forced to pay Ottinger for the WHOLE thing. 

I am sorry if this seems harsh, but because no one has actually contributed money yet, we need to have some sort of stipulation so an a**hole does not ruin this.
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

BrandonFG

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2017, 05:34:24 PM »
Dan, do you ever get sick of apologizing for your poor word choices?
How could I respond to this? How could anyone respond to this if asked?
It's really simple: don't be so impulsive to post. Don't turn everything into a dissertation. As I mentioned upthread, this is simply a really cool endeavor where we are coming together to obtain a rare game show. Simply enjoy the moment and go with it! No need to turn it into more than it really is.

Travis explained this the best. If you feel taking a break is for the better, then fine. But if you don't take the advice into consideration, does it really mean anything?

As for the crowdsourcing, I love that this is happening, and wouldn't mind seeing it happen if another obscurity pops up in the future.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

doctorwho

« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2017, 05:36:19 PM »
Not to butt in on the current discussion, but count me in as far as chipping in is concerned (if it's not too late, that is).

chad1m

« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2017, 06:14:20 PM »
I would like to be a chipper-inner!

pacdude

« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2017, 06:49:33 PM »
I'd be in for throwing in some cash in as well.

Marc412

« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2017, 06:59:54 PM »
Sure, why not?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2017, 07:00:24 PM »
I am sorry if this seems harsh, but because no one has actually contributed money yet, we need to have some sort of stipulation so an a**hole does not ruin this.

No, you don't.

This is supposed to be simple. Let it be simple. If someone decides anyhow to be incredibly stupid, then they are going to be stupid. We've seen stupid time and time again in this community and what ends up happening is that they get ostracized out of the community organically and the community continues on.

Dan isn't going to post it at this point, if he ever was. He didn't ask out of any malicious intent, he asked because he is simply incredibly dense.

But considering that Matt is acting as point man on this out of the goodness of his heart and the desire to conduct a community experiment, don't make it more complicated than it already is.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Bill Neuweiler

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2017, 08:37:26 PM »
Sorry I'm late to the party, I'll pitch in as well! :)
<p>I share a birthday with Jack Barry.

RyanCDN

« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2017, 09:57:13 PM »
Sure, count me in as well Matt.

-Ryan
Ryan
“I’ll give away a Zed.”

jage

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2017, 02:46:21 AM »
I'm in.

The preservationist in me says this would be nice to end up on YT eventually, perhaps after an exclusive period for the people that chipped in. No I wouldn't upload it myself. Thanks Matt for doing this.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2017, 01:31:45 PM »
Matt, count me in.

Dan, delete your account.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2017, 07:53:54 PM »
Count me in too.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Allstar87

« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2017, 12:13:57 PM »
If it's not too late, I would be thrilled to contribute. :)