Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: eBay Find: "Lost TV Game Show"  (Read 42272 times)

SuperMatch93

Re: eBay Find: "Lost TV Game Show"
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2017, 07:33:11 PM »
I'm in.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

CarpetCrawler

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2017, 11:10:25 PM »
My apologies for being late, but I am also absolutely in and will pledge $20 as well.
- CC Kirby

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2017, 11:44:22 PM »
I'll take Lost Pilots for $20!
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

tomobrien

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2017, 11:44:35 PM »
I'll go in, too.

rebelwrest

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2017, 12:02:21 AM »
I'd like to pledge to the GSF Fund Drive.  At what level do we get the complimentary tote bag?
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2017, 08:25:22 AM »
*raises hand* In.
@lambertman

nowhammies10

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2017, 04:27:15 PM »
I'm in.

snowpeck

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2017, 05:22:23 PM »
We have way more than 10 now, so sure I'll chip in a few bucks.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2017, 07:53:27 PM »
We have way more than 10 now, so sure I'll chip in a few bucks.

Another clarification.  Anybody who's in is committing to paying no more than twenty dollars.  I am not absolutely guaranteeing that the total costs will be less than $200.  Now that we have this many participants, I will be willing to pay more than the base price for the item, and our total may go over $200.

I think the likelihood here is that we've scored ourselves a crowdsourcing winner, and we'll each end up paying less than ten.  But that's not a guarantee.  I'm not taking up a collection and this isn't GoFundMe, so "I'll chip in a few bucks" is a bit unclear and not the response I'm looking for.

As for the YouTube issue, I don't intend to upload it to YouTube, and my personal feeling is that I hope no one does.  But I have no control of that.  If we win the auction, it's not my video.  It's ours.  You can do with your copy whatever you want.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2017, 11:01:09 PM »
Serious question: Would this be okay to upload to YouTube once all is said and done? Your wording seems to suggest a "no", but I'm not 100% sure.

Well, if you are going to upload it, then I see no reason for anyone else to kick in, because they will get it for free eventually.

Do you see now why that was a completely douchey thing to even entertain, much less ask about?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PPatters

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2017, 11:18:00 PM »
I too will pitch in :)
Patrick

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2017, 03:26:52 AM »
Well, if you are going to upload it, then I see no reason for anyone else to kick in, because they will get it for free eventually.
I never said I was going to upload it. I was asking for clarification, since I wasn't sure whether this was going to be done like how the What's My Line? Facebook group handles the occasional eBay auction that comes their way (the October 1, 1950 episode coming immediately to mind). Admittedly, I should've made that point clear the first time around, and looking at it again I can see how it was taken in a way I didn't intend (as you said, douchey - again, my fault that I didn't clarify and used some poor word choices).

The fact Matt clarified that this wasn't quite that kind of crowdfunding did sadden me a bit, admittedly, but it left me even more glad I'm pledging since otherwise I'd be kicking myself. And in any case, the auction still has about three-and-a-half days left, so I don't think we should count our chickens before they hatch.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 05:41:29 AM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

tvmitch

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2017, 05:28:20 AM »
I'm a bit late to this thread, but I'll pitch in also.
You should follow me on Twitter

chrisholland03

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2017, 02:43:49 PM »

And in any case, the auction still has about three-and-a-half days left, so I don't think we should count our chickens before they hatch.

No offense, but this comes across pretty douchey too, mate.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2017, 03:31:22 PM »

And in any case, the auction still has about three-and-a-half days left, so I don't think we should count our chickens before they hatch.

No offense, but this comes across pretty douchey too, mate.

What gets under my skin is the fact that a fellow adult had to TELL him that uploading the thing to YouTube would be undermining the effort of literally every person who's posted in this same thread. Like, common sense. I know he's all about getting those delicious views, but come on.

Dan, do you ever get sick of apologizing for your poor word choices? You prove your incompetence in this area time and time again, but instead of improving, you trot out your self-deprecating apology and move right on to the next faux pas. What good is an apology if there's no accompanying action to correct the thing you're apologizing for?
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com