Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: eBay Find: "Lost TV Game Show"  (Read 42713 times)

Matt Ottinger

Re: eBay Find: "Lost TV Game Show"
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2017, 11:39:56 PM »
OK, here's the next phase of the master plan.

I'm going to ask everyone who offered to contribute -- or, frankly, anybody else who still wants in -- to put in nine dollars toward the cause.  That might sound a little high, but I'm not sure I can count on all the pledges being fulfilled.  There are also additional expenses to come, primarily the cost of the transfer.  Also -- and this is important -- any overage will go to charity.  In fact, a very specific and appropriate charity.  In a couple of weeks, several members of our community will be in Las Vegas entertaining a bunch of elite trivia players with their Game Show Throwdown, a 24-hour spectacular where we play simulations of a different game show every hour.  They're taking donations to benefit Children's Miracle Network through ExtraLife, and that seems a perfect place to put our extra funds.  So if you want to put in more than nine, you know where it's going.

You can start the payments now.  If you have PayPal, I am ottinger@starfleet.com.  With your payment, leave a note telling me your real name in case I don't recognize your handle in these parts.  If you would rather mail me a check, my address is 10345 Lafayette Lane in Dimondale, MI  48821.  And again, a note please. 

It'll probably be several weeks before this thing is ready (it might not even get in my hands until the 28th), but once I get it done, we can figure out how to get it to you.  Dropbox is a likely option, though I'm perfectly happy to burn and mail DVDs for anybody who wants it that way.  Hell, I'll put it on VHS for you if that floats your boat.

This was fun, and will continue to be fun for the next few weeks.  Thanks to everyone who is participating.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Sodboy13

« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2017, 12:40:03 AM »
Done and done.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

snowpeck

« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2017, 12:44:02 AM »
Payment sent. Forgot to attach a note, but hopefully Matt knows who I am by now.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

RMF

« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2017, 01:06:30 AM »
Payment and note sent.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2017, 01:20:24 AM »
Just between you, me and the wall here if you choose to "send money to a friend" PayPal doesn't take a cut.

/of course you have a starfleet account.
Travis L. Eberle

Allstar87

« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2017, 08:56:25 AM »
Done! :)

pacdude

« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2017, 09:32:24 AM »
A check should arrive by the 28th.

weaklink75

« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2017, 11:23:58 AM »
I'll Paypal you in the next couple of days...

jimlangefan

« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2017, 12:26:07 PM »
Sounds cliché, but check will be in the mail shortly.  Thanks for taking the lead on this Matt and I can't wait to see the finished product!!
TV's Big Dealer

SuperMatch93

« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2017, 12:50:19 PM »
PayPal'd.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2017, 01:21:07 PM »
Payment sent! HYPE
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2017, 03:25:21 PM »
Paid
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

jage

« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2017, 06:19:01 PM »
Sent. Thanks for organizing this and hope we end up with a nice surplus for charity.

doctorwho

« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2017, 06:44:38 PM »
Paid through PayPal.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2017, 08:13:30 PM »
Less than 24 hours since winning the auction, I've already heard from 24 of you directly through PayPal, and since several of you offered more than the minimum nine bucks, we've already covered the cost of the auction.  It's also looking like the transfer may be free, as long as we give the guy his own copy as part of the deal. (He's an extremely private collector, it's not going anywhere.)  So aside from some nominal shipping costs, we're home free and now we're playing for charity.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.