Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Snap Decision comes to GSN August 7  (Read 10288 times)

BillCullen1

Snap Decision comes to GSN August 7
« on: July 10, 2017, 10:08:42 AM »
GSN has started airing promos for their latest original concept. Three contestants compete to guess things about people based on appearance. David Alan Grier is your host.

Divided with Mike Richards also returns on that date.
EDIT - Correction - Divided returns on August 15.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 08:22:31 AM by BillCullen1 »

Ian Wallis

Re: Snap Decision comes to GSN August 7
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 07:55:19 PM »
Is anyone getting this in syndication too?  I've seen a couple of promos on our Fox station for a weekday run at 5:30 PM starting on Aug. 7th.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Jamey Greek

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 07:11:49 PM »
Is anyone getting this in syndication too?  I've seen a couple of promos on our Fox station for a weekday run at 5:30 PM starting on Aug. 7th.

Yes Sinclair stations are getting it in syndication too

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 07:19:27 PM »
Here's a press release about the show. Apparently it will air on 20 Sinclair stations starting August 7.

Broadcasting and Cable had a little write-up about it last month, so I'm a little surprised it flew under the radar here. Given Scott St. John is behind it, that explains the Street Smarts vibe I picked up.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 07:35:16 PM »
Saw a promo on my local FOX station yesterday. It'll be airing at 6:30pm, which is surprising since that's one of Feud's slots prior to J!/Wheel.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

BillCullen1

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 09:56:07 AM »
Four eps of this extravaganza will air Monday on GSN starting at 9 pm Eastern. Then the show moves to Tuesdays at 9pm with two episodes each week.

BillCullen1

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 11:44:03 AM »
So did anyone watch this? What do you think? I think it's nice harmless fun and David keeps it moving at a good pace.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 12:25:24 PM »
Haven't seen it yet, but hoping it goes better than this...

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/snap-decision/n9757?snl=1
czambo@mac.com

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 06:27:08 PM »
It's harmless, but it's boring as hell. For me, Streets Smarts was fun in guessing how dumb the interviewee's answers would be (or if you were right in the first place). This is fine, but playing the Keys bonus round from Bergeron Squares over and over again on this sterile set gets old for me quickly.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 06:55:26 PM »
It's harmless, but it's boring as hell. For me, Streets Smarts was fun in guessing how dumb the interviewee's answers would be (or if you were right in the first place). This is fine, but playing the Keys bonus round from Bergeron Squares over and over again on this sterile set gets old for me quickly.
How do you mean? Is every question an either-or proposition all the way through?
Travis L. Eberle

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 07:47:43 PM »
How do you mean? Is every question an either-or proposition all the way through?
The 1st round introduces each of the interviewees and then asks a question with two possible choices about something that person has done.

The 2nd round mixes it up a bit by presenting two of the three interviewees and giving a fact with the object here being to pick who it applies to. This round also eliminates the lowest scorer. (The tiebreaker here is to buzz in and answer a question about David)

The 3rd round takes the "Pick Your Pony" element of Streets Smarts and uses it to then ask a question about the two remaining interviewees with the contestants picking an answer for their pick (or rather how their pick will answer). Each question increases in value, with an incorrect answer causing the money at stake to go to the opponent. First to $2,000 is the winner.

The bonus round is David reading off facts about all three interviewees with the contestant having to pick to whom which fact belongs. 5 in 45 seconds bumps the total winnings up to $10,000.

So, they spritz it up here and there, but to me it all just comes off as "Is this true about that person?" the whole show. It's fun for a bit, but it wears on me after Round 2.

I shouldn't sell Grier completely short. Have always loved his career and he's fine here. Given the type of characters he's played on In Living Color, he doesn't come off as over the top here which I like a lot.

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 01:07:55 AM »
TV Guide's online listing didn't have it, but apparently this airs on WTVZ, I think at 5pm. Maybe I'll check it out next week.

ETA: It airs at 5:30, after a third (!!!) episode of Phallic Feud. Another hour of Feud airs at 7 pm.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 11:54:38 AM by BrandonFG »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

BrandonFG

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 07:43:22 PM »
I found a preview clip on Youtube. What I saw wasn't bad, but you can tell the producers definitely want David to channel Steve Harvey with the overreactions. I get it, that brings in the clicks, but it did seem kinda forced.

And I say this as someone who finds DAG hilarious.

brianhenke

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2017, 10:02:27 PM »
  In Cincinnati, WSTR-TV is airing it at 6 p.m. in place of the first episode of the FF double run. It is supposed to be temporary, because FF is scheduled to return to the timeslot on Labor Day, according to zap2it.com.

Brian
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2017, 10:34:18 PM »
It's basically the "fun fact" part of the contestant audition spread out over an entire half hour. I'm watching once to see what it is but I'm not compelled to watch again. That said it does stay away from a game that's all about quiz questions because The Chase didn't light a fire under them.
Travis L. Eberle