Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Love Connection  (Read 1508 times)

whewfan

Love Connection
« on: June 23, 2017, 05:53:54 AM »
I've seen nobody comment on Love Connection on here, so here's what I thought. I saw the first episode through Hulu...

The format- Kind of the same, but with some changes. This time, a person goes on dates with ALL THREE bachelors/bachelorettes instead of one. Just as on the original, we hear brief snippets about all three potential dates, and the audience votes based on first impression. Then, we get to hear about what happened on each date, which includes a rating of 1-10 of how each date scored each other based on first impression. Once we hear all three dates, the person reveals his/her choice of who to go on a second date after the commercial. Next, the date reveals who he/she chose, and via a slow moving drawbridge, that date is revealed. Next, the audience choice is revealed. If the audience picked the same person the date did, they win $10,000 in addition to a second date. If the audience picked someone different, then the date has to choose whether to go on a second date with his/her choice, but no money, or the audience choice and $10,000. We also see a brief video clip or two of the second date and  hear how the new couple is doing since the show.

'Andy Cohen- Andy does well with this show. He remains neutral and is not invasive of asking the details of the first date. Like Chuck Woolery, he makes comments when appropriate and he is amusing.

Set- Here's where we LOSE points... it's too loud, too busy, and too dark. It's as if the producers didn't think the date's stories were enough and wanted to make the set "Millionaire Flashy"... know what this set needs... MORE RED LIGHTS. The drawbridge that reveals the chosen date is also too slow and unnecessarily dramatic.

Still, if you can overlook the excessive flashiness, it's still at its core a show where we hear about first dates, and the dates range from being very high in personality and borderline annoying to low key and watchable, and the contestants don't look like they've been coached. I'd watch again, but maybe not regularly.

Jimmy Owen

Re: Love Connection
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 07:04:28 AM »
I thought it was kind of boring and mean, but it does have more of a game show element.  Not my cup of tea.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.