Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Eubanks Card Sharks Survey cards  (Read 3906 times)

cmjb13

Eubanks Card Sharks Survey cards
« on: June 28, 2003, 11:58:57 AM »
Why are they always bent?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2003, 02:23:35 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jun 28 2003, 08:58 AM\'] Why are they always bent? [/quote]
 Just a guess, but it's prolly a combination of the way he held them and the fact that they weren't printed on the most expensive cardstock. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Card Shark

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2003, 04:03:45 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 28 2003, 01:23 PM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jun 28 2003, 08:58 AM\'] Why are they always bent? [/quote]
Just a guess, but it's prolly a combination of the way he held them and the fact that they weren't printed on the most expensive cardstock. :) [/quote]
 Speaking of which, what kind of information was printed on these cards? I'm curious if they were actually phrased as he read them or if it just stated 100 women at the top and the question itself.
Adam Strom

uncamark

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2003, 06:09:11 PM »
Speaking of which, what kind of information was printed on these cards? I'm curious if they were actually phrased as he read them or if it just stated 100 women at the top and the question itself.

Considering that, according to the G-T question card samples in Maxene Fabe's book, all of Dawson's \"Feud\" cards said \"WE SURVEYED 100 PEOPLE, THE TOP ___ ANSWERS ARE ON THE BOARD--TRY TO FIND THE MOST POPULAR ANSWER,\" I would bet that the \"CS\" question cards read \"WE SURVEYED 100 ____________ AND ASKED THEM...HOW MANY _______ SAID....\" and \"THE ACTUAL NUMBER OF _________ WHO SAID...\"

And notice that while Dawson and Combs didn't read the entire top of the card every time, Louie did almost every time on his \"Feud\" stint.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2003, 06:37:47 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jun 28 2003, 05:09 PM\'] And notice that while Dawson and Combs didn't read the entire top of the card every time, Louie did almost every time on his "Feud" stint. [/quote]
 Are Louie's survey jokes (Example: \"We surveyed 100 vacuum cleaner salesmen who told us how much this question sucked\") written on his card as well?

Also, are these cards typewritten or hand-written?

uncamark

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2003, 06:50:09 PM »
Are Louie's survey jokes (Example: \"We surveyed 100 vacuum cleaner salesmen who told us how much this question sucked\") written on his card as well?

I wouldn't be surprised if they were.

Also, are these cards typewritten or hand-written?

The example in the Fabe book was typed in Orator, that big small-caps font.  I would venture that during the heyday of the IBM Selectric, almost every game show used that font for the question cards and for scripts.  It also had a question number on the top.

And we did see the back of Louie's card on occasion (the Fast Money card)--it looks like the questions were typed in Helvetica or Arial, cut from regular paper and pasted onto the card.