Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ain't It the Truth  (Read 1951 times)

Jay Temple

Ain't It the Truth
« on: January 26, 2004, 09:29:30 PM »
Donny was talking to Teresa Strasser, and he mentioned that she has an Emmy as a writer for Win Ben Stein' Money.  He asked her which is harder, writing or being a celebrity, and without building herself up too much, she said, "These things don't just write themselves" and gave credit to all game show writers.  Donny agreed, saying of his show's writers, "They're unbelievable."  Um, *cough* I think we'd all agree with that.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Ain't It the Truth
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 09:50:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' date=\'Jan 26 2004, 07:29 PM\'] Donny agreed, saying of his show's writers, "They're unbelievable."  Um, *cough* I think we'd all agree with that. [/quote]
 In their defense, though (and far be it from me to defend the Pyramid writers), they are but a link in the chain - there are producers telling them to write like that, all the way up to the suit who said "why, yes, a new, edgy Pyramid IS a good idea!" So there is lots of blame to be spread around there. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

Ain't It the Truth
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 09:58:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' date=\'Jan 26 2004, 09:29 PM\'] Donny was talking to Teresa Strasser, and he mentioned that she has an Emmy as a writer for Win Ben Stein' Money.  He asked her which is harder, writing or being a celebrity, and without building herself up too much, she said, "These things don't just write themselves" and gave credit to all game show writers.  Donny agreed, saying of his show's writers, "They're unbelievable."  Um, *cough* I think we'd all agree with that. [/quote]
 S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

I think Teresa lost a game unjustly today, due to how unbelievable their irregular judging is. Steve Schirripa gave the clue "Goose" for "Geese" in a tiebreaker, causing his partner to say the word and win the game.

Jay Temple

Ain't It the Truth
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2004, 11:11:32 PM »
In the same tie-breaker, Teresa's civilian partner kept saying the days of the week in describing "daily,"  although they never got the word.  Each player got a generous call, even if only one of them was able to capitalize on it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2004, 11:12:21 PM by Jay Temple »
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.