Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A Question Of Preservation  (Read 1705 times)

RMF

A Question Of Preservation
« on: April 22, 2017, 04:48:43 AM »
I know that we have discussed this subject in broad terms from time to time over the years, but....

One of the items that becomes quickly apparent with online research of the subject of the American game show is the ways in which preservation is, simultaneously, the largest issue present, but at the same time one where a lot of the existing information seems to be based on inductive reasoning at best and unsourced rumor at worst.

With that in mind, there is one basic question:

What do we know of that exists in terms of substantial runs for pre-1980 network game shows, and what sorts of hard evidence do we have to demonstrate this?

To give the first example, and one that I hope will be of some help for explaining my logic:

The UCLA Film Archive possesses what appear to be basically complete runs of The Object Is, You Bet Your Life, The Generation Gap, the 1962-1963 run of Stump The Stars, Anybody Can Play, Don Adams' Screen Test, and Make The Connection, as well as what appears to be the first two seasons of People Are Funny.

Needless to say, I'm not expecting ever claim to be that detailed- just please give a better one than "my bowling buddy" or "some random guy online".