Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $100,000 Pyramid Season 2 Guest List  (Read 21380 times)

BillCullen1

Re: $100,000 Pyramid Season 2 Guest List
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2017, 09:42:08 AM »
So I went to the taping yesterday. It was athletes and chefs playing, so I wasn't expecting stellar game play. I will say no more. Stuff I can tell you:

The desks now also display the $100K logo in addition to the answers.

The borders on the category and big boards now have a light around them that can be red or white

And here's the biggie:
The big board now has a digital clock that counts down the 60 seconds. It's on top of the top category and the person giving the clues can see it. It is superimposed since it wasn't there during the rest of the show.

The celebs came out before the taping and sat with the contestants. I thought "Hey, they're doing a Cullen opening." But then they got up and went backstage. I think they came out for publicity shots. So they did a normal opening.

Strahan did talk to the audience at times. Tom Kelly was the warmup guy. Taping went pretty smoothly with only a couple of stopdowns. They started and finished on schedule.

At the end of each show, the celebs stand in front of the Winner's Circle with Strahan for a photo. Apolo Ohno is shorter that I thought and Eric Stone is taller than Strahan by a couple of inches.

I had to sign a release form. It says not to release info on the outcome, including the celebs. But they have the celebs names on the ticket website. Go figure.

Jay Temple

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 10:14:45 AM »
Vanessa Williams (singer/actress) vs Gary Cole (actor)
Not quite 35 years after Carol Brady had five big wins in a five-day taping, we'll see (the movie version of) Mike Brady.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 04:07:07 PM »

And here's the biggie:
The big board now has a digital clock that counts down the 60 seconds. It's on top of the top category and the person giving the clues can see it. It is superimposed since it wasn't there during the rest of the show.

So wait... Is the clock on the Pyramid, or is it superimposed?

Fedya

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2017, 04:47:27 PM »
Did the contestants have last names this time?
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

BillCullen1

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2017, 11:31:48 PM »

And here's the biggie:

So wait... Is the clock on the Pyramid, or is it superimposed?

It's superimposed. It appears on the big pyramid during the WC rounds. Hope that clears the confusion.

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2017, 01:12:44 AM »
It's superimposed. It appears on the big pyramid during the WC rounds. Hope that clears the confusion.

I'm guessing that you're trying to say that there isn't a physical clock readout in the wall, but that it appears on the wall above the top category box during the bonus round?

If memory serves, the blue area of the wall where the category boxes are is all video, so it would be a fairly simple task to add a video clock in the video feed.

It was actually with Peri Gilpin and Ice-T.

I would presume that if this episode never airs then the contestants don't get the prize money they won on the show?  That'd be a major bummer for them.

Unrelated, I'm really surprised and disappointed to not see Rosie O'Donnell on the returning guest list.  I know folks have varied opinions about her, but I thought she was an excellent, competitive game player -- something that makes for good TV.

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2017, 01:23:52 AM »
Von's had a few commercial deals too, mainly Old Spice. I think he also had a cameo on SNL after winning the Super Bowl.

I know that ABC wants big names and all in order to get that youth demo, but I do wonder how these guys will be at actually playing the game. I'm only gonna be so psyched about the most popular athletes playing to a 15-12 game of Pyramid. Poor players, no matter how popular, make for bad television.

/There are more parallels between Pyramid and football than I expected

I think Von Miller'll be alright.  I seem to recall people mentioning he's a fairly bright guy, and he's apparently a self-professed nerd, as proclaimed in this article entitled, well, "Nerd".

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/von-miller-broncos-super-bowl-mvp-nerd/

Here's a quote from one of his best friends:

To this day! We’re all sitting at Von’s house the night before the AFC championship game. This dude turns on a show about the 10 most exotic extinct animals. Biggest game of this dude’s life coming up, and he’s talking about the Dodo Bird. Then he put on a documentary about coral reefs. He was so adamant about it.

chad1m

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2017, 07:27:14 AM »
In the press release, there are 27 matchups listed, including Von Miller vs. TBA, enough for 13½ hour-long episodes. Unless they do another on-the-spot rematch like Kathy vs. Rosie last year, they could slide in Ice T/Peri Gilpin for to make it a full 14.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2017, 10:21:41 AM »
I'm guessing that you're trying to say that there isn't a physical clock readout in the wall, but that it appears on the wall above the top category box during the bonus round?
If memory serves, the blue area of the wall where the category boxes are is all video, so it would be a fairly simple task to add a video clock in the video feed.

That's exactly how it's done. (And the LED panels that form that back wall have been upgraded; there are some really lovely textural effects displayed there.)

And the host has a new lectern, with a logo that no longer looks like a cardboard cutout stuck on an ill-fitting trapezoid.

The real thing that's been upgraded, though, is Strahan's smoothness. I thought he was pretty strong in the first season, but he's *really* good now.

At yesterday's third taping, I saw some terrific gameplay.
czambo@mac.com

snowpeck

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2017, 01:43:50 PM »
In the press release, there are 27 matchups listed, including Von Miller vs. TBA, enough for 13½ hour-long episodes. Unless they do another on-the-spot rematch like Kathy vs. Rosie last year, they could slide in Ice T/Peri Gilpin for to make it a full 14.
Has ABC said how many episodes they ordered this time around?
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2017, 07:31:19 PM »

The only confusion cleared is that we are now certain you have no idea what "superimposed" means.

Kevin, the big pyramid is a huge video screen (with the boxes inset into said huge pyramid-shaped screen). It appears on the huge video screen above the top box. It is not keyed from the control room and invisible to the studio audience. Make sense now?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Casey

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2017, 08:41:10 PM »

The only confusion cleared is that we are now certain you have no idea what "superimposed" means.

Kevin, the big pyramid is a huge video screen (with the boxes inset into said huge pyramid-shaped screen). It appears on the huge video screen above the top box. It is not keyed from the control room and invisible to the studio audience. Make sense now?

This helped me immensely, because for the life of me, I couldn't understand how something could be superimposed above the pyramid, but also visible to the person giving the clues.  Thanks!

Kevin Prather

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2017, 12:57:17 AM »

Thanks, Chris. It's no longer Schrödinger's clock.

chad1m

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2017, 07:27:27 AM »
Has ABC said how many episodes they ordered this time around?
I don't believe so, but Match Game had a 14-episode order this season.

BrandonFG

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2017, 08:14:49 PM »
The Hollywood Reporter just announced that ABC canceled Dr. Ken. Wonder how much confusion that causes viewers during the Ken Jeong/Dave Foley episode?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!