Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $100,000 Pyramid Season 2 Guest List  (Read 21386 times)

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
$100,000 Pyramid Season 2 Guest List
« on: April 20, 2017, 01:38:02 PM »
Here is the long list of celebs playing in the new season (copied from ABC's press release):

Ken Jeong (ABC’s “Dr. Ken”) vs Dave Foley (ABC’s “Dr. Ken”)
Cam Newton (The Carolina Panthers) vs Brandon Marshall (The New York Giants)
Tom Bergeron (ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars”) vs Jennifer Nettles (Grammy®-Award winning singer)
Margaret Cho (stand-up comedian/actress) vs Michael Rapaport (actor)
Wendie Malick (actress) vs Jesse Palmer (ABC’s “Good Morning America”)
Dr. Mehmet Oz (“The Dr. Oz Show”) vs Retta (“Girlfriend’s Guide To Divorce”)
Bobby Moynihan (“Saturday Night Live”) vs Debi Mazar (“Younger”)
Bobby Moynihan (“Saturday Night Live”) vs Sasheer Zamata (“Saturday Night Live”)
David Arquette (actor) vs RuPaul (“RuPaul’s Drag Race”)
Justin Hartley (“This is Us”) vs Chrissy Metz (“This is Us”)
Eric Decker (The New York Jets) vs Apolo Ohno (US Olympic Athlete)
Rachael Ray (“The Rachael Ray Show”) vs Curtis Stone (chef and restaurateur)
Vanessa Williams (singer/actress) vs Gary Cole (actor)
Lance Bass (N’Sync) vs Joey Fatone (N’Sync)
Kyle Busch (professional NASCAR race driver) vs Lara Spencer (ABC’s “Good Morning America”)
Usher (Grammy®-Award winning singer) vs Robin Thicke (singer/songwriter)
Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers) vs Erin Andrews (ESPN / ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars”)
Ali Wentworth (actress/comedian) vs Kathy Najimy (actress/comedian)
Kathy Najimy (actress/comedian) vs Yvette Nicole Brown (“The Odd Couple”)
Leslie Jones (“Saturday Night Live”) vs LL Cool J (“Lip Sync Battle”)
Leslie Jones (“Saturday Night Live”) vs Willie Garson (“Sex and the City”)
Taye Diggs (actor/model) vs Jenna Fischer (“The Office”)
Cobie Smulders (Marvel’s “The Avengers”) vs Ryan Eggold (“The Blacklist: Redemption”)
Richard Kind (actor) vs Rachel Dratch (ABC’s “Imaginary Mary”)
Kal Penn (ABC’s “Designated Survivor”) vs Abby Elliott (“Odd Mom Out”)
Billy Gardell (“Mike & Molly”) vs Kate Flannery (“The Office”)
Von Miller (The Denver Broncos)

Kevin Prather

Re: $100,000 Pyramid Season 2 Guest List
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 02:38:24 PM »
Glad to see Kathy and Yvette coming back. I don't remember, did Dr. Ken do well last season? Either way, I was hoping to see more names from last season return.

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 02:58:04 PM »
Glad to see Kathy and Yvette coming back. I don't remember, did Dr. Ken do well last season? Either way, I was hoping to see more names from last season return.
I know Tisha Campbell beat him in one match, and won 50K with her partner. However, I wanna say he won the other match.

Some really solid names this season, and I like the common matchups like cast members or football players. Nice way to get a little "sibling rivalry" going. :)

/Dr. Oz vs. Daphne Oz from The Chew would've been a nice touch...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

WhammyPower

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 04:49:51 PM »
Pyramid with one celeb?

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 04:53:10 PM »
Here is the long list of celebs playing in the new season (copied from ABC's press release):
(snip)
Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers) vs Erin Andrews (ESPN / ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars”)

That's all for me. I'm sure I'll watch all the others, but this will be the biggie for me (for obvious reasons!)

The Pyramids

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 07:18:04 PM »
When I saw the headline on the big board I thought someone was just going to rehash the guests on Dick Clark's second 100K season. Glad to see it was better than that.

Looking forward to the 'This Is Us' pair-up

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 09:35:21 PM »
Pyramid with one celeb?
Who's Von Miller? I'd argue that even with an opponent, that's one celebrity and Von Miller.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Otm Shank

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 10:37:15 PM »
Who's Von Miller? I'd argue that even with an opponent, that's one celebrity and Von Miller.

Von Miller was the MVP of Super Bowl 50, and recently was mentioned in the Tom Brady uniform theft, because Miller's helmet was stolen by the same guy. But, you are right, he is not a household name.

If I were to make a guess, the idea was to have Miller and Cam Newton play against each other, as a rematch of Super Bowl 50. By having a Giants (former Jets) player in there, it looks like he was the backup guest for a football themed show, and presumably local.

The audience ticket site is listing some of the guests, but it doesn't solve the discrepancy.

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 10:43:02 PM »
Von's had a few commercial deals too, mainly Old Spice. I think he also had a cameo on SNL after winning the Super Bowl.

I know that ABC wants big names and all in order to get that youth demo, but I do wonder how these guys will be at actually playing the game. I'm only gonna be so psyched about the most popular athletes playing to a 15-12 game of Pyramid. Poor players, no matter how popular, make for bad television.

/There are more parallels between Pyramid and football than I expected
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TimK2003

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 10:44:08 PM »
Pyramid with one celeb?

I say the same thing about Eric Decker. ;)

BillCullen1

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 10:46:40 AM »

Dr. Ken won $100K for his partner, so yes, he did well. I believe they also have an unaired show with Rosie O'Donnell and Kathy Najimy from last season. BTW, has anyone tried getting tickets? I got notices saying they were all gone for the shows I picked.

I wonder if RuPaul will "dress up" for the occasion.

SuperSweeper

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 11:22:50 AM »
I believe they also have an unaired show with Rosie O'Donnell and Kathy Najimy from last season.

It was actually with Peri Gilpin and Ice-T. I'm not sure if the 2nd Rosie/Kathy show intentionally took that slot or if they had already planned to let that episode go unaired.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2017, 11:32:48 AM »
I believe they also have an unaired show with Rosie O'Donnell and Kathy Najimy from last season.

It was actually with Peri Gilpin and Ice-T. I'm not sure if the 2nd Rosie/Kathy show intentionally took that slot or if they had already planned to let that episode go unaired.
The 2nd Rosie/Kathy show was completely unplanned and done because the gameplay between the two was so good. So, I'm sure that, up to that point, they probably did plan on airing Peri Gilpin/Ice-T. Hopefully, it gets tacked on to this season.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Fedya

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2017, 06:41:07 PM »
Can the football players be worse than:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zom8BBSEcfE
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

BillCullen1

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2017, 09:00:49 AM »
I got a ticket for Monday at 12 noon. Celebs will be Apolo Ohno, Eric Decker, Rachel Ray and Curtis Stone. So I'm seeing athletes and chefs facing off, so to speak.