Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Partial "Battle of the Network Stars" lineups revealed  (Read 3626 times)

colonial

Partial "Battle of the Network Stars" lineups revealed
« on: June 12, 2017, 11:24:24 AM »
Entertainment Weekly released six of the 10 showdown rosters for ABC's upcoming "Battle of the Network Stars" revival earlier today.

Are there big stars? No.

Are the lineups inflated by regulars on the nostalgia/convention circuit? You bet!

Are there a few people on the list that make you scratch your head and say "who"? Of course!

Does the show feature Ted McGinley, noted show-killer king? You are correct, sir!

http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/12/battle-of-the-network-stars-vivica-a-fox-baywatch-abc/

(Honestly, one look at the headline and many people likely said "this show is DOA")

TV Sex Symbols (Keegan Allen, Traci Bingham, Rosa Blasi, Brant Daugherty, Galen Gering) vs. Variety (Joanna Krupa, Nick Lachey, Vanessa Lachey, Gilles Marini, Jack Osbourne)

TV Sitcoms (Todd Bridges, Leigh-Allyn Baker, Dave Foley, Willie Garson, Jenna von Oy) vs. Cops (Erik Estrada, Larry Wilcox, Kelly Hu, Jodi Lyn O’Keefe, Lorenzo Lamas)

TV Moms & Dads (Chad Lowe, Greg Evigan, Ted McGinley, Lesley Fera, Jackee Harry) vs. TV Kids (Jimmie Walker, Mackenzie Phillips, Jonathan Lipnicki, Krista Marie Yu, Jeremy Miller)

Famous TV Families (Danny Bonaduce, Barry Williams, Beverley Mitchell, Willie Aames, Charlene Tilton) vs. Doctors (Thomas Calabro, Taye Diggs, Rachelle Lefevre, Deidre Hall, Benjamin Hollingsworth)

TV Lifeguards (David Chokachi, Brande Roderick, Parker Stevenson, Nicole Eggert, Gena Lee Nolin) vs. Troublemakers (Vivica A. Fox, Paul Johansson, John Barrowman, Julie Benz, Catherine Bach)

Sci-Fi Fantasy (Lou Ferrigno, Vinnie Jones, Charisma Carpenter, Kevin Sorbo, Jill Wagner) vs. Cops (Marisol Nichols, Roma Maffia, Adrian Zmed, Fred Dryer, Ryan Paevey)

JD

BrandonFG

Re: Partial "Battle of the Network Stars" lineups revealed
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 11:51:10 AM »
Well, that's something. I don't know what yet, but it's not quite what I expected, considering most people on that list haven't been a "network star" in at least 30 years.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 01:32:37 PM »
The remainder of the participants has been added to the above link.

TV Sitcoms (Bronson Pinchot, Tom Arnold, Dave Coulier, A.J. Michalka, Tracey Gold) vs. TV Kids (Joey Lawrence, Corbin Bleu, Nolan Gould, Lisa Whelchel, Kim Fields)

Primetime Soaps (Ian Ziering, Josh Henderson, Gabrielle Carteris, Donna Mills, Mischa Barton) vs. ABC Stars (Olivia d’Abo, Shari Belafonte, Michael Fishman, Jason Hervey, Anson Williams)

White House Shows (Cornelius Smith Jr., Marlee Matlin, Joshua Malina, LaMonica Garrett, Mary McCormack) vs. Lawyers (Elisabeth Rohm, Corbin Bernsen, Matt McGorry, Romi Dias, Catherine Bell)

Variety (Lance Bass, Joey Fatone, Adrienne Houghton, Cameron Mathison, Kelly Osbourne) vs. ABC Stars (Ted Lange, Troy Gentile, Jill Whelan, Denise Richards, Joely Fisher)

weaklink75

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 02:07:02 PM »
They're betting on the nostalgia factor on this one- those who remember the original 1976-1988 specials..and I'd suspect a lot of archival footage too (looks like at least a dozen people were on the original series).

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 02:22:46 PM »
This is not the direction I was hoping they'd go in, but hey, it still might be fun.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Peter Sarrett

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 06:14:22 PM »
Battle of the Geriatric Stars.

If they made Poker into an event they might have gotten Gabe Kaplan back, too. 

SuperSweeper

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 10:47:48 AM »
It's like they had to get someone from every episode of The Love Boat...

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 11:14:08 AM »
Looking at the second half of the list, there's at least 1 currently working network star in each team, and the rest seemed to have been working lately.
insert signature here

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 11:40:44 AM »
I'd watch if they somehow managed to get Charo
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

SuperSweeper

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 12:25:56 PM »

Age surely isn't as issue, as they have 77-year-old Donna Mills, among others.

How many of these people appeared on the original?

colonial

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 01:16:01 PM »

Age surely isn't as issue, as they have 77-year-old Donna Mills, among others.

How many of these people appeared on the original?

Variety says there are 20 alumni from the original version competing in the revival.

JD